Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Setup Inadyn ViX

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts

How to Setup Inadyn ViX

In this tutorial I will show you how to use a DynDNS account to setup Inadyn so you can use your own dns host for the receiver. This is a new feature in ViX 2.2.1

For this you will need a dyndns account, something a long the lines of xxxxxxx.dyndns.org (for the purpose of this example). If you don't have one then you can register a free one for your IP Address at

Code:
    https://www.dyndns.com/account/services/hosts/add.html
    Once you have your dyndns account setup, you need to enter into the Inadyn Setup which can be found by pressing Menu/Setup/System/Network

1.jpg

Go into Inadyn Setup and you will see the default screen with the setup below

2.jpg

You will need the details here that you registered when you setup your dyndns account

Your DynDNS Account Username
    Your DynDNS Account Password
    Your DynDNS Host Name

If you Press the Red Button "Setup" you will see the below screen where you will need to add your own account details as mentioned above

3.jpg

Once you have entered them Press Red "Save" and you will be shown your settings as below

4.jpg

Now this is important, You NEED to press Yellow "Stop" and then Yellow "Start" In order to start up Inadyn properly.

If you have set everything up correctly, press Green "Show Log" and you should see a screen similar to below with your Internet IP address as successful

5.jpg

And that is it, you have no successful setup your DynDNS account. I use this so I can access the box when I am not at home for FTP use or Streaming use or accessing the Web Interface. Aslong you have the relevant Ports Forwarded in your router then you can access your receiver anywhere

Hope you find this useful
    Last edited by punisher; 21-07-11 at 22:01.
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

bassethound (29-12-11),Fredsat4 (11-03-15),georgebourne (19-02-14),jd58 (14-02-12),kitsuneyo (27-11-11),nipperlocko (02-03-15),pudvos (03-06-13),redtangodancer (21-01-12),RockHopper (31-01-12),sat@evolution (02-09-14),uscool (12-01-15),vubentsat (20-02-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Port Forwarding

:Hi Wanted to know which port to forward as I want to use this on my iphone 4 so I can login like the skyplayer all your help is appreciated

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The default port is 80. If you go to menu/plugins/webinterface you will see what your default http port is. Use that one to forward into ur router
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks you punisher for your reply do i forward this in the virtual server section in my router as you can see i am a novice i want to be able to stream the channel to my iphone 4

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry forgot to ask punisher, i want to be able to do this when i am away from home such as set recorings and stream video i have 10meg broardband is this possible

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes u need to forward it in the virtual server section of your router. You will really struggle and probably not be able to stream externally due to the fact you need a high upstream speed of about 5mb+. I have a 5meg upload and works fine but on occasions stutters so im guessin 6meg upstream shud do it. The only other thing you can do is google slingbox and have a read about that if you want to stream externally
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Xtrend Eng.
    Thanks
    This is really valuable information. Would you mind if I post this content to other forums so that other ET forum users can also be informed about the external home network streaming?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yeh i havent got an issue aslong as u can leave thanks to me hehe
    D I S C L A I M E R

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

MoggasDog (06-09-13),premiumtaste (19-10-11)

Title
    Xtrend Eng.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    Yeh i havent got an issue aslong as u can leave thanks to me hehe
    I am currently in the process of trying it out for myself. However I am already having trouble installing the ViX image 2.2.1 on my bootloader ET9x00 (the newest one)
    I inserted the USB stick onto ET9k(with the Vix image files on the root folder ET9X00) Turned off my system turned it back on. VFD recognized the image
    and then I pressed ok. after flashing, it would only show the Xtrend starting page (the gateway for smart linux TV) and then it would reboot itself several times.
    From here on I can't do anything but to install my Open PLI image back on to my ET. Could the new bootloader(9-29-11) be a problem? I asked around, and some ppl have told me that the
    ViX image can only be supported by the previous bootloader version. Some people say that downgrading is not possible and that I need to wait for the new ViX image to be released since that
    will support the newest bootloader et9x00. Link to newest bootloader et9x00. http://www.et-view.com/main.php?board=ET9000

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    yes the problem is the newest bootloader you have loaded to the receiver as VIX 2.2.100 is not compatible with this bootloader. VIX 2.3 is fully compatible and will hopefully be released as soon as we can.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

premiumtaste (19-10-11)

Title
    Xtrend Eng.
    Thanks
    Thank you for clarifying this issue! There were some people who told me that it would be possible to install ViX image on the et9x00 bootloader, and some people said that it's not. So I was mad confused, however in terms of downgrading your bootloader on et, is that possible? If I downgrade my bootloader, then would I be able to install ViX 2.2.1? At the moment I am using the HD freaks image which has a modern and clean design and also works with et9x00 bootloader. I like it And one more final question: is ViX image the only image that has the Inadyn menu? once again thank you!!!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,037 Times in 7,630 Posts
    If you do somehow manage to downgrade your bootloader, then yes, you could install ViX 2.2.1. If you do find a way please share it with us.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Xtrend Eng.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    If you do somehow manage to downgrade your bootloader, then yes, you could install ViX 2.2.1. If you do find a way please share it with us.
    I tried this many times today, however it won't let me install the previous version of the bootloader. Would you have any idea on how to downgrade (maybe format)? Or do we have to wait until the Vix image 2.3 gets released?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,037 Times in 7,630 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by premiumtaste View Post
    I tried this many times today, however it won't let me install the previous version of the bootloader. Would you have any idea on how to downgrade (maybe format)? Or do we have to wait until the Vix image 2.3 gets released?
    Last time, you CANT downgrade the very latest bootloader dated 29/09/11.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Xtrend Eng.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Last time, you CANT downgrade the very latest bootloader dated 29/09/11.
    Hold on! I just received an e-mail. there is a way!! So let's not confirm that downgrading is impossible. It might get a little complicated and the process might be complex, however I will find out very soon and will share how this process goes.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast