Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abysmal Service from Filesonic

Title
    Thanks

Abysmal Service from Filesonic

Hi all, I opened an account for 90 days with Filesonic, having been with Rapidshare for over five years, I am finding that I often can't get download speeds of more than 30kps, sometimes as low as 11kps, all my downloads with Rapid were up at 3meg
    In fact a couple of days ago I tried to download a file and got a speed of 11kps so I closed it and used the free service at rapid and still got 270kps
    I emailed Filesonic and explained everything, and they have never replied, so I went onto their website and filed a complaint clearly explaining the sittuation,
    Several days later I received notice that the complaint had been answered, so I log in to find all I have is a stupid automated reply giving pathetic advice like make sure you are logged on.
    I replied asking them to actually read what I had written in the complaint where I had clearly given them information about files downloaded from their servers which I pay for, and the same files being downloaded considerably faster from any free service.
    I gave it a couple of days and logged on to see if there is a sensible reply or help of some sort, only to find they have just completely deleted it, it's not even in the dealt with or closed items.

So if you want that kind of customer care and after sales service
    Filesonic is for you

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Agreed terrible service!

Why dont you look at moving over to the newsgroups?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Check out real-debrid.com, thats what i use they have nearly all of the file serving hosters and it maxes out my 50 meg connection on nearly all of them via a ssl connection.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Boss, didn't know you could download files through the news groups? how does that work then?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jcm193 View Post
    Check out real-debrid.com, thats what i use they have nearly all of the file serving hosters and it maxes out my 50 meg connection on nearly all of them via a ssl connection.
    Thanks Jcm, I am not familure with them, how can I download files from fileserve, rapidshare etc via them? I thought you had to have an account with each of them to download from them?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    i used to use giganews and the newsbin client

Code:
    http://www.giganews.com/
    Code:
    http://www.newsbin.com/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wedgehog View Post
    Thanks Jcm, I am not familure with them, how can I download files from fileserve, rapidshare etc via them? I thought you had to have an account with each of them to download from them?
    Not at all you paste your links onto there website and it gives you download link via there servers you download them via your download manager like normal.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedgehog View Post
    Hi Boss, didn't know you could download files through the news groups? how does that work then?
    Here's a guide to get you started.
    Code:
    http://www.slyck.com/Newsgroups_Guide_NZB_Files
    For NZB files checkout
    Code:
    http://nzbsrus.com/
    The above site currently down, but they're plenty of others.

Good deal on Usenet server access here with SSL.
    Code:
    https://accounts.usenetserver.com/register/index.php?rate=50&a_aid=uns&a_bid=a76dfb83&gclid=CL_Vr9HTkqoCFcVO4QodRkfawQ
    Excellent free software to download from newsgroups.
    Code:
    http://www.altbinz.net/
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

bassethound (21-07-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    you put your account details into your news reader client and use it exactly the same way you would a torrent clinet, there are many many free sites hosting newsbin links just copy the provided link into the client and it will do the rest.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    For newsgroups for a newbie i would suggest supernews or thundernews as providers cheaper than giganews and for the software i would suggest altbinz free. For a linking site there is nxbmatrix or binsearch

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Boss and Jcm and Pheonix, excellent info I will investigate, If the system Jcm has given me works as described it sounds wonderful as it would mean you can download from any host without having to have an account with each of them, I am looking at their web site, but there doesn't seem to be anything at all about paying for an account?

Title
    Thanks
    edit you have to signup and verify bia email,then your see the option for premium you pay via there 9 euro for 80 days and thats it.then when you have paid goto my account and tick secure website and downloads then your done cheers
    Last edited by jcm193; 21-07-11 at 15:48.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok done that, just waiting for the email now :-)

Title
    Thanks
    I have tried most of them, and they all have faults. The problem with rapid is they are quickest to remove files. I find it amusing when you free download, and they say if you pay it is quicker, onced paid the speed is the same.

Title
    Thanks
    You must be trying the wrong hosters then rapidshare gave me 6mbps on premium and 800 kbps on free not to mention no waiting time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast