Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Change Symbol Rate

Title
    Thanks

Change Symbol Rate

To receive BBC HD & BBC ONE HD I need to change the transponder to 10847/23000 but my system defaults to 10847/22000. I have been unable to find how to change the symbol rate from 22000 to 23000. Please, can anybody help me?
    I am an absolute beginner and need all the help I can get!! I have a TM7100HD installed in my home in Cyprus. I have a fixed 3.0 metre dish setup for Astra 2 28.2 Deg E. I receieve all the normal freesat channel including ITVHD.

Regards Kelly

Title
    Thanks
    HI Kelly,

I've just spent 1.5 hours trying to do the same thing and at last managed to do it. BBC HD and BBC 1 HD "disappeared" about a month ago. However I don't have the same HD satbox as you (Topfield SBP 2000) but I'll explain what I did just in case this helps:

I first tried re-doing a search of all services for one transponder and then realised that the symbol rate had changed from 22000 to 23000 (having looked on www.lyngsat.com. I hadn't realise this before being a complete novice).
    I then tried editing TP information (on my HD box = MENU>installation> SAT/TP Edit but could edit everything on a transpoder EXCEPT symbol rate !)
    Then went into MENU>installation>searching>search mode and changed search mode to "advanced" (not manual), pressed OK here and this gave me a "search mode" menu where, using the numeric buttons of the remote, I could change 22000 to 23000, also changed modulation to DVB-S2/QPSK, FEC to 8/9, redid a search of the 10847 transponder and HEY PRESTO back came BBC HD and BBC 1 HD.

Does this help in any way with your box ?

Eddy

For info, I live in Strasbourg Eastern France.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eddyfelt For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (18-07-11)