Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which full HD television model is best for Vu+ duo

Title
    Thanks

Which full HD television model is best for Vu+ duo

Hi,

Vu+duo users please indicate Which full HD television model is best for Vu+ duo based on your experience and why.

TIA

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    The best HD television, is the one you prefer the look of to be honest...

The vu duo is unlikely to look better or worse on one set compared to another...

Personally, I'd say to go plasma over lcd, but that is just my personal opinion. Also depends on your budget, as to which set to recommend. With Panasonic plasmas alone, you have a wide price range on their different sets. Obviously, the higher priced specs have more functions and (supposedly) better components. E.g. the 42" U30 can be had for around £450ish, the S30 just over £600, G30 for around £680, GT30 for £1000 and VT30 for £1500...

My best advice would be to go to a shop where you can view all the different sets connected to the same source. Make sure you get the remote to have a play with. All sets are liekly to be set up to look best in the store surroundings, but if you can get to play with them, that's the best advice imo...

Also, moved this out of vu+ duo discussion, as is more relevant to tvs section...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

jjp2701
    i disagree i think plasmas are not as good as lcd tvs i have a panasonic 42inch plasma and a samsung 32inch lcd tv and my lcd tv is far superior than my plasma tv, it looks grainy on my plasma compared to my lcd which looks very crisp, so i would say lcd tv or led tv

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjp2701 View Post
    i disagree i think plasmas are not as good as lcd tvs i have a panasonic 42inch plasma and a samsung 32inch lcd tv and my lcd tv is far superior than my plasma tv, it looks grainy on my plasma compared to my lcd which looks very crisp, so i would say lcd tv or led tv
    Have you set up your plasma correctly?! lol. Get's back in to the plasma/lcd debate. That's why I said the best thing to do, is for the OP to go to the shops and check out for himself.
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    I have both a Plas ma GT20 and LCD Sam A656, have to say the picture looks better on the Plasma and you can actually differientiate between shades of black on the plasma, only thing is IR on the Plasma but not experienced apart from when I fell asleep and must have nudged the menu button on the VU and the ghost image was there for about 5 minutes and than went.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

jjp2701
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    Have you set up your plasma correctly?! lol. Get's back in to the plasma/lcd debate. That's why I said the best thing to do, is for the OP to go to the shops and check out for himself.

yeh m8 i have set it up correctly, i just think in my personal opinion that a good make lcd beats a good make plasma hands down,

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    LED all the way picture quality looks insane on sum of the new samsung LED's and also the LG LED's
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

jjp2701
    thats what i want next punisher a led tv they look class

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Ive seen a few people who have them and honestly the picture quality is awsome, no black blodges or shades or anything, tru deep colors HD actually looks HIGH DEFINITION lol ive got an LG lcd at the moment and although i love the picture quality, the LG LED tv is superb and more superior as well as the samsung led's
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    2 reasons to buy plasma & panasonic

To watch sport response time the best led/lcd 3ms plasma 0.001ms handles quick movment so much better

To watch movies true black led/lcd do not produce light there fore they have a backlight working all the time even producing dark colours if a plasma wants to do black it doesnt give out any light hence ink black (not grey)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My dad has one of the latest panny 3d plasma sets, picture is unbelievable but whats with the buzz it makes??!!... it would drive me mental.

still my vu looks pretty good on my 6 year old samsung 720p set that i paid a sick amout of money for!

Title
    Thanks
    LED is the way to go. And I mean proper LED, not the old ones with thick screens. I got a 22" Samsung which is about as thick as a knat's bo**ock, uses about as much electricity as you can squeeze out of a stone and picture is awesome.

+er

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stuattravs View Post
    My dad has one of the latest panny 3d plasma sets, picture is unbelievable but whats with the buzz it makes??!!... it would drive me mental.
    I think that the noise goes much quieter in time... I remember my panasonic plasma 5 years ago being quiet noisy ... now, it's as quiet as anything...

as hifial said, blacks on the plasmas nowadays are so much better than lcd... But as stated, it's best to view them all together, side by side and compare. Only downside to doing this, is when one has been setup to look really good compare to the others, hence why it's good to have the remote control so you can play with the settings
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    Thanks
    Well i have the best TV of all and that is Pioneer 5090H ( Kuro 2 ) plasma and also LCD tv at home to compare with. It is very expensive but nothing can compare to it what ever you say.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Samsung LED (3D) UE40D7000LUXXU series 7 smart tv surf the internet 5 years warranty included, £1199.00 other sizes available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast