Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to setup picons onto usb stick ViX

Title
    Thanks
    Have you tried displaying fewer channels in the epg ? I have mine set at 5

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charliesen View Post
    Have you tried displaying fewer channels in the epg ? I have mine set at 5
    He has, in one of the screen shots on the first page showing the vix epg menu.

Def strange behaviour.

Title
    Thanks
    Stuck the USB into the Duo and its coming up FAT16 R/W but if I stick it into the laptop its say FAT32!

Any ideas?
    Londres 1992 - París 2006 - Roma 2009 - Londres 2011

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    just format it via the devices manager to ext3 or reformat it on ur laptop to fat32
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    just format it via the devices manager to ext3 or reformat it on ur laptop to fat32
    But it already is FAT32 according to the laptop!

But the Duo is saying FAT16 R/W which is baffling me.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    try formatting it with this tool

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-USB-Format-Tool
    see if that makes the duo recognise it as fat32. see if it works with the picons too
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    Just remembered that I used this same usb to flash the image and it worked so just follwed the above guide and it has worked a treat though one anomaly I have noticed.

I use the rytec uk epg and noticed after install of the picons that the epg was empty.

I had to download the 7 days once again but now all seems well.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi redout,

Did you manage to sort this?

I'm experiencing exactly the same behaviour.
    My picons are in /media/usb/picon they show up fine when changing channels, but refuse to display within the ViX EPG.

I'm using ViX 2.3 with a Vu Duo.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have you enabled picons in epg? Go to epg and press menu then settings
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Punisher, Thanks for the reply.

Yes I had turned it on and off a number of times and rebooted a few times too.
    I have managed to get the picons to display by reducing the number of lines (channels) showed from the default of 11 down to 6. They then magically appeared. It seems that with 10 channels the icons still stay there but with 11 they are gone completely.

So the solution is to reduce the number of channels shown.

Title
    Thanks
    If you mount picons via usb , does usb have to remain in usb port on box all the time to work?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyblas View Post
    If you mount picons via usb , does usb have to remain in usb port on box all the time to work?
    Yes it does.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

garyblas (09-05-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi!

I am running following setup;
    Devicename: Vu+ Ultimo
    Enigma Version: Jun 28 2012
    Image Version: 2.4
    Frontprozessor Version: VNone
    Webinterface Version: 1.6.8

My problem is the other way around, compared to the discussion earlier, regarding the picons. That is, I can see all picons in VIX EPG, but they do not show up in the Channel info. Anyone experienced this, and any ideas to overcome the problem?

Regards,
    Johan

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Where are ur picons stored?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    Picons are stored in /media/usb/picon
    As said above, I can see the picons in the VIX EPG just fine, but in the channel info they are not shown. Can e.g. height/width ratio or other things about the pictures themselves matter? What factors can prevent the picture to be seen in the channel info, but still seen in the EPG? I have tried several skins also, but result is always the same.

root@vuultimo:/media/usb/picon# ls -l
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3263 Jul 5 22:48 1_0_19_1BC_D_0_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2395 Jul 5 22:43 1_0_1_11_3_F_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2319 Jul 5 22:44 1_0_1_15F_2_0_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2089 Jul 5 22:46 1_0_1_211_2_0_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2491 Jul 5 22:44 1_0_1_21_3_F_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2822 Jul 5 22:44 1_0_1_31_2_0_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2384 Jul 5 22:45 1_0_1_51_3_F_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2552 Jul 5 22:45 1_0_1_61_2_0_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3041 Jul 5 22:45 1_0_1_71_3_F_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2304 Jul 5 22:45 1_0_1_81_2_0_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1525 Jul 5 22:46 1_0_1_A1_2_0_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png