Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to setup picons onto usb stick ViX

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts

How to setup picons onto usb stick ViX

In this tutorial I am going to show you how to put picons onto usb stick. This is 1 of a few ways of doing this and for me this is easier than unplugging usb plugging back in etc lol

For this you need a usb stick formatted as fat32 or ext3 and the usb to be mounted correctly in device manager as media/usb
    You can check if this is the case by going to Menu/Setup/ViX/Devices Manager and should look like this below;

screenshot1.jpg

If your usb isnt mounted correctly then press "Green" to setup mounts then highligh usb and use you left and right arrows on your remote to get to media/usb and then press "Green" to save the settings

screenshot2.jpg

Download your desired picon set from the link below and extract the file

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Picons
    Once usb setup correctly you will need to connect via FTP into the box
    For those that don't know how to setup FTP to the box then follow the first few steps of this guide to get your ftp setup

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8704-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX&p=64577#post64577
    Once connected to your box you should see the screen below (or similar)

fxpftp.jpg

Go to media/usb/ and create a folder in there called picon. so it should look like the screen below

screenshot3.jpg

Then transfer all the images from the picon set that you downloaded into the picon folder and once complete it should look like so

picon.jpg

Reboot the box if needed and the picons will be displayed in the info bar

screenshot6.jpg

If you also want the picons to be displayed in the epg then press the epg button on your remote and then menu

If using PIG (Picture in Graphics) then you will need your settings to match below;

screenshot4.jpgscreenshot4b.jpg

If not using PIG (Picture in Graphics) then you will need your settings to match below;

screenshot5.jpgscreenshot5b.jpg

And thats it you now have picons setup on your ViX Image
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

aass5591 (14-11-13),avatar7 (04-06-11),bassethound (28-05-11),chimpy07 (23-09-13),Dibs (07-02-14),DJS (03-11-11),FuManchu (29-05-11),G4TKR (08-06-11),godsell51 (18-11-12),ifearnobeer (13-03-14),joesoap101 (07-03-14),lammy1961 (29-05-11),Larry-G (28-05-11),mekon (19-04-13),nirmies (09-07-15),Paddy.. (12-03-13),redout (22-07-11),satukrob (18-05-16),Sicilian (31-05-11),touriga (22-12-13),valhalla (19-01-15),Yido (10-05-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi,

got all picons setup and running properly on VIX 2.1 but for some reason since VIX 2.0 I have been unable to get them displayed in the EPG. I've got all my settings as yours there but still no joy. Picons show up fine on the channel info. Any ideas?

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Have you a restart after making the changes?
    Also def mounted as USB and not SDA1

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes mate I've restarted a number of times since I've had this issue for a while. Also the USB drive is mounted as USB.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    what version of vix did u say you wer on?
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I'm on 2.1 now but also had this problem on 2.0

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have u tried updating to 2.2 as the tutorial above was really for 2.2 but should still work with 2.1
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Oh I thought that was an older post. I'll leave it be for the moment then as I've got everything else running sweetly and don't wanna stir things up by upgrading.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    have you tried just restarting the box and seeing if that brings the picons back in the epg?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yeah mate restart didn't work. Here's a screenshot of the channel info that shows picons work there (I've changed my skin since the screenshot I posted earlier).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I cant see what is wrong with the settings you posted above they seem to match what i have and the fact that ur picons show in channel infobar suggest that picons are set ok otherwise they wouldnt even show up in there. where are you picons stored anyway? also have you had a look in menu/setup/vix/devices manager and what is the devices in there mounted as?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Picons are stored in /media/usb/picon and I'm attaching a screenshot of my devices...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    everything looks perfect mate same as mine. i really dont know what could be the problem. if in doubt u could always try a reflash of the latest image and see if that sorts it if u want. but im not too sure unless someone can see something i am missing lol
    D I S C L A I M E R

15. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

rob76 (05-07-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ah no worries mate thanks anyway it's not too important. Must be some gremlin in the box. If I find myself a couple hours I might stick 2.2 on there.

cheers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    kool well let us know how it goes and ill keep seein if i can figure out whats wrong with it lol
    D I S C L A I M E R

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast