Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible to share a hard drive between 2 boxes?

Title
    Thanks
    guys I did this a couple of months back so my brother could see recording on my hard drive from his reciever, is there also something extra I can do to allow him to record to the hard drive an easy way for a slow coach like me to understand would be great, thanks

Title
    Thanks
    hi,

im having a dificult time here with my boxes. added a hdd to my receiver and works fine locally i can record and watch recording... now i wanted to be able to use the same receivers hdd remotely on another box and also maybe record to the same folder that the other box is recording so we can have access to any recording for any box jst as if it was locally. tried mounting nfs an everything is green and ok but cant get it to work... i mean the folder seems to be empty and also whn trying to record something it will ay there is no hdd mouted... what am i issing? is there detailed tutorial perhaps somewhere? thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Can anyone give some advice please? have Gigablue HD Quad with HDD it was setup with Open ATV (by seller with wooshbuild I think) my Samsung Smart TV could find the Hard Drive and I was able to view videos from folders on the box without turning on Gigablue hence it was available to my other Smart TV. But needed to reflash Gigablue with later version of Open ATV but cannot setup Hard Disk Mount so it is found as before.
    Have read through this thread and thought I had found problem as I didn't have box set as a HDD okay'd that but still cannot find it? any help appreciated thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12