Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warning to three dishonest customers!

digidude
    tw@ts, name and shame them

no matter what happens, get the police involved, as someone has comitted the crime of 'obtaining goods by deception' as well as theft and fraud, if the people have used their own cards, then said its an unauthorised charge, then they are also guilty of 'exemption of liability'

the first one is still attempted fraud, as the parcel was initially dispatched, then the full cycle of events had already happened

id take all 3 to court, you can file online (@£80 each case) and they are liable for the costs, you can also add interest at a daily rate from the time you dispatched the goods, to the day the case is awarded in your favour, then if they dont pay up, you send in the bailiffs, again at their expense

good luck m8, scumbags like these should be beaten with rusty co-ax

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to digidude For This Useful Post:

bassethound (30-04-11),beagooner (27-05-11),Larry-G (30-04-11),mdt (14-08-11),mietek (30-04-11),Mr. Mister (30-04-11),portbhoy (30-04-11),world-of-satellite.co.uk (01-05-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Sicilian can you start a donation fund please it alot of money the sponsor has lost and we all would like to help and i sure as hell dont wanna loose my regular sat supplier

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Thanks
    what goes around comes around

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bazeze For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    What arses , don't kow how they sleep at night .

P.S Qbox HD Mini still going strong mate

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bo-hlala For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    You may be in trouble with the first case.

A person orders some goods from you, with delivery included, and authorises full payment.
    You get a bad feeling in your water, or whatever, and block delivery, keeping the goods instead.

The purchaser, who had a contract that included delivery, must now turn up in person to collect the goods for the transaction to be concluded. However, it is you who broke the contract by not delivering the goods as agreed, and the purchaser is under no obligation to dance to your tune.

Since you are holding the goods with no intention of delivering them, and also the money, the customer seems to me to be fully justified in instigating a chargeback. That is what they are for - to recover your money when goods are not delivered.

Now, you name the person in public and describe them as dishonest, leaving yourself open to a suit for defamation.

Maybe there is more to it than you have described, but I think you may need to consider doing some rapid back-pedalling, or getting on the phone to your solicitor.

Alias1
    Dont know about the UK but in Australia if the bank finds out you have received the goods as per advertised no way are they going to refund you the money.
    Also I agree with the post above
    Last edited by Alias1; 01-05-11 at 00:28.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xarqi View Post

A person orders some goods from you, with delivery included, and authorises full payment.
    You get a bad feeling in your water, or whatever, and block delivery, keeping the goods instead.

The purchaser, who had a contract that included delivery, must now turn up in person to collect the goods for the transaction to be concluded. However, it is you who broke the contract by not delivering the goods as agreed, and the purchaser is under no obligation to dance to your tune.

Since you are holding the goods with no intention of delivering them, and also the money, the customer seems to me to be fully justified in instigating a chargeback. That is what they are for - to recover your money when goods are not delivered.

Now, you name the person in public and describe them as dishonest, leaving yourself open to a suit for defamation.

Maybe there is more to it than you have described, but I think you may need to consider doing some rapid back-pedalling, or getting on the phone to your solicitor.
    you dont know the full story and its not my place to say but the seller fullfilled his part and the goods where returned by couriour after a week sitting in depot at which point seller decided to not continue the transaction till verification was shown

which is within the sellers rights

the fact that the buyer decided to not persue the transaction for almost 2 weeks of contacting him was what triggered this to be possible fraud otherwise any one would have atleast contected asking where is my goods
    or atleast persued the couriour calling card left at address

i am a trader myself and know the score and how things work

so now u tell me you buy an item and its sent out and u just leave it sitting at depo not contacting depot or seller and then when seller contacts you then u dont reply or answer

i doubt that unless yr dodgy
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    Sicilian can you start a donation fund please it alot of money the sponsor has lost and we all would like to help and i sure as hell dont wanna loose my regular sat supplier

Thanks for the offer, but theres no need. Yes its made a dent in the cash flow, but we aren't going no-where

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xarqi View Post

Your right, I haven't posted the exact full chain of events for Chargeback 1. So here it is: -

Buyer order's goods, we dispatch. Buyer is not home to take delivery on two attempts. Goods sit in couriers warehouse for 5 days, then they are returned to us as buyer did not collect with photo ID.

We are then left wondering what on earth is going on, so upon receipt of the returned goods we contact the buyer. The mobile number had somekind of answerphone system where the call is screened, anyway this anserphone system had someone else's name which we found curious. We then emailed the guy, who then replied with another phone phone number to call. When we called we where given some story that the first number was work number and this second number was a personal mobile. Anyway cut a long story short we agreed to re-send the goods a second time at our expense providing he'd be home to accept delivery.

Goods have now gone out a second time, low and behold the guy is not home for delivery! We then telephone the second number again and the line is dead! At that point we decided enough is enough and recalled the parcel and had it returned.

We then emailed the guy and gave him two choices as follows: -

1. Scan photographic ID and a utility bill of the card holder and email to us, then we would re-send the goods provided he paid for the shipping.

2. Collect from us as we are within driving distance from him, providing he bought along photographic ID and a utility bill.

He then failed to do any of the above, instead he contacted us asking if a friend could collect! So I ask you this, would you agree to give nearly £800's worth of goods to a friend without any of the ID? Think not! On the phone he agreed that he would arrange the photo ID and decide weither to collect or have them re-sent. We where waiting for his decision when we got the chargeback, never once did this guy call and cancel the order. In now way or form where we holding the goods refusing to send them, we where simply asking for photographic ID and proof of address.

This matter will be handed over to the police.
    Last edited by world-of-satellite.co.uk; 01-05-11 at 04:27.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to world-of-satellite.co.uk For This Useful Post:

bassethound (01-05-11),cactikid (21-05-12),Larry-G (01-05-11),paul362 (01-05-11),silverfox0786 (01-05-11),SLOTH (10-05-11),xarqi (01-05-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    WOS, full details did not need to be given to justify the case! But, as you can see, this was obviously a case of fraud...

Let's hope that the police actually do their job and catch all of these thieving #?@!%^&£@'s!!!
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by world-of-satellite.co.uk View Post
    Your right, I haven't posted the exact full chain of events for Chargeback 1. So here it is: -

Buyer order's goods, we dispatch. Buyer is not home to take delivery on two attempts. Goods sit in couriers warehouse for 5 days, then they are returned to us as buyer did not collect with photo ID.

We are then left wondering what on earth is going on, so upon receipt of the returned goods we contact the buyer. The mobile number had somekind of answerphone system where the call is screened, anyway this anserphone system had someone else's name which we found curious. We then emailed the guy, who then replied with another phone phone number to call. When we called we where given some story that the first number was work number and this second number was a personal mobile. Anyway cut a long story short we agreed to re-send the goods a second time at our expense providing he'd be home to accept delivery.

Goods have now gone out a second time, low and behold the guy is not home for delivery! We then telephone the second number again and the line is dead! At that point we decided enough is enough and recalled the parcel and had it returned.

We then emailed the guy and gave him two choices as follows: -

1. Scan photographic ID and a utility bill of the card holder and email to us, then we would re-send the goods provided he paid for the shipping.

2. Collect from us as we are within driving distance from him, providing he bought along photographic ID and a utility bill.

He then failed to do any of the above, instead he contacted us asking if a friend could collect! So I ask you this, would you agree to give nearly £800's worth of goods to a friend without any of the ID? Think not! On the phone he agreed that he would arrange the photo ID and decide weither to collect or have them re-sent. We where waiting for his decision when we got the chargeback, never once did this guy call and cancel the order. In now way or form where we holding the goods refusing to send them, we where simply asking for photographic ID and proof of address.

This matter will be handed over to the police.
    My first instinct on this is that somebody has got hold of someone else's credit card details (possibly a family member) and used it to buy the goods without permission, they cannot collect the goods as photo ID is required which would show that they are not who they claim to be hence the need to send a friend along to collect, in all probability the friend would actually be the perpetrator of this fraud. I then think that the proper owner of the credit card has found out what has been going on in his absence and quite rightly instigated the chargeback. If the perpetrator is a close family member the real credit card holder may not want to get them into serious trouble with the law so is currently keeping quiet. It would be better if they had contacted you directly and told you what was going on but they haven't so you are right to call in the Police and I'm sure that any subsequent investigation will reveal the truth.

Just my thoughts.

As for the other scumbags, Nail em to the wall of your shop, I hate thieves

digidude
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell4321 View Post
    My first instinct on this is that somebody has got hold of someone else's credit card details (possibly a family member) and used it to buy the goods without permission, they cannot collect the goods as photo ID is required which would show that they are not who they claim to be hence the need to send a friend along to collect, in all probability the friend would actually be the perpetrator of this fraud. I then think that the proper owner of the credit card has found out what has been going on in his absence and quite rightly instigated the chargeback. If the perpetrator is a close family member the real credit card holder may not want to get them into serious trouble with the law so is currently keeping quiet. It would be better if they had contacted you directly and told you what was going on but they haven't so you are right to call in the Police and I'm sure that any subsequent investigation will reveal the truth.

Just my thoughts.

As for the other scumbags, Nail em to the wall of your shop, I hate thieves
    If this is the case, then the original card holder is guilty of exemption of liability, and liable for all costs to the shop, so either the card holder gets charged with an offence, or coughs to who used the card, and they get charged with fraud, theft, obtaining goods by deception, etc

Title
    Thanks
    That clarifies the situation greatly. Thanks for that. There was a lot more to it than a person buying something which you decided not to deliver, who then set about getting their money back through the correct channel, as it seemed on the surface.

Oddly enough, I was in the opposite position last year. I pre-ordered and paid for a Vu+ Duo from a supplier here in NZ, just before they were to be released. Time passed - no delivery. Emails were swapped and lots of excuses given and promises made. Time passed and still no delivery. I found out that the importer had stock, and units were being supplied through other vendors with no problems. I gave an ultimatum - deliver or refund. Nothing happened. I instigated a chargeback and recovered my money that way. A few months later, the person was convicted of multiple counts of fraud.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12