Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Friggin expensive is car insurance...

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Well, just checked direct line for my insurance, and coming out the same as last year iirc. £440 for a mondeo zetec 2.0 56 reg... So, must be you or your area that's made it go up
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    I have trader insurance with max car value of 15000 and its only costing me 1100. Have you gone to a broker rather than just the price compatison sites?

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Adrianflux if you have points/convictions drink drivers or just a bad driver.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    i was tempted by traders but dunno how it works or who to go to
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I used these and saved a packet.

HTML Code:
    http://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-insurance/
    Last edited by lammy1961; 28-04-11 at 20:26.
    VU Solo 2 With Latest VIX Image
    Three Eagle Linux Boxes
    1 Metre Gibertini Motorised Dish
    Superior DarkMotor
    Inverto Black Ultra Twin LNB

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Punisher

My name is ********************. Give me a call and I will try to get you the best deal !!
    Have loads of schemes and 12 weeks free on certain policies.

Regards Garry
    Last edited by Sicilian; 01-05-11 at 05:24. Reason: no trade advertising!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    What kind of policies do you provide? Cheers mate
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Trader basically allows you to drive any car even if is not insurance but value of the car has to be below your cover level. I only got it as my nephew does car dealing and its cheaper for him being named and me taking the cover our. We can drive any cover worth up to £15,000. I got it through brokers called tolgate or newgate - will dig out the details in the morning. Its worth it if you have more than one car, but admiral multi car is worth having a look as well.

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    I was with liverpool victoria, ( based in poole???) they hiked my ins from just over £300 to £590, no changes like points etc, so I wnt to Aviva, @ £420 ( alfa romao )

in the end its mainly down to compo claims/spongers, and unisured drivers, but @ the rate living cost is going, ( petrol/ins/c-tax etc) I think there will be more compo claims/uninsured drivers/scams, leading to still more cost

the joke is, most ins comps, are just as bad with paying out, any excuss,...and its sorry, you do not have a valid claim
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Thanks
    Don't get me started - several mates of mine were shunted in London a couple of months ago, not their fault at all but all claiming whiplash injuries even though there's nowt wrong with any of them. They think they're owed compo because that's how the system works. I keep telling them it's crappy claims like theirs that is costing me money and that's why premiums are up but they just don't see it - they're in for a fast £500 so don't care. They just don't get it that their own premiums will rise too - stupid dolts (I'd use stronger language but I'm nice and polite).

On another note, I use NFU Mutual for my car insurance. Pal of mine suggested them for my subaru 4x4. Not on the usual 'compare' sites but gave a good quote - not the cheapest but one of the best customer service I've met - trust me - I work for HSBC and have many years of dealing with bank complaints. NFU Mutual have been nicer people to deal with.

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    what the uk needs.....is a bit of to right too, the claim for this that and the other culture needs to be dumped big time, but sadly, it cuts both ways, the ins comps are just as bad, its the straight up and down peeps that pick up the cost
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You got to blame the frigging politicians who allowed NO WON NO FEE to get hold in the Uk. If we did not have it you wouldn't get half the claims being made.

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Just to bring up this old thread...

Got my policy renewal in the post that morning. Wanted almost £490 for it. Had a quick look on comparison sites, and got cheapest quote of £415. Then, went to elephant (cheapest quoted) and picked up quote, changed info to match it with correct info (as some was not correct), and finally got it for around £335 on their site. Phoned up my current insurer, who said that they can match elephant as it's a sister site, they bought up my details, and matched it for me. Got it for £335!

Nice one elephant
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12