Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: This week's downtime

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

Exclamation This week's downtime

We would like to apologise for this weeks downtime.

At the start of the week we had issues with our hosting company and the datacentre, then we went down again Wednesday due to a faulty network card on the server.

Due to all the issues we'd been having I decided to move to another host and put us on a fully dedicated server which we are currently running on. It could take upto 48hours for the forum to be backup to full speed as the domain DNS needs to fully propagate around the internet. The could also be a few other teething issues while we fine tune the server config, sorry apologies if we experience an further downtime due to the move.

If you having any problems or find any bugs/issues please post here.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

andymc1 (01-04-11),basilyoung (01-04-11),bassethound (01-04-11),bazilden (11-04-11),Blu-ray (01-04-11),danishdude (01-04-11),Data (01-04-11),Diablo13 (12-04-11),Donnie (01-04-11),FuManchu (01-04-11),Mart (01-04-11),paul362 (01-04-11),pooface (01-04-11),portbhoy (01-04-11),punisher (01-04-11),silverfox0786 (01-04-11),suityou69 (01-04-11),yvessr (12-04-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    All fine here boss

A little slower on the initial load, but hopefully all will speed up once dns propogates and everything settles down. Will keep eyes peeled for any probs
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    All fine here boss

A little slower on the initial load, but hopefully all will speed up once dns propogates and everything settles down. Will keep eyes peeled for any probs
    Started off really slow here earlier this morning, but seems to be backup to full speed now
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Running really good now
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Seems faster to me!!

Thanks for the hard work!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Just tried getting on at work ... guess our isp hasn't been propogated to yet . Phone has tho, so still able to connect

Sent from my HTC Desire Z
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    working like a bweeeeeeeeeze here glad to be back up
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Welcome back everyone, sorry about the last few days. We dedicated to move server due to some bandwidth issues and the move took slightly longer than originally anticipated.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

acco (11-04-11),basilyoung (11-04-11),bassethound (11-04-11),Blu-ray (11-04-11),chris1 (11-04-11),Data (11-04-11),Diablo13 (12-04-11),hifial (11-04-11),jcm193 (11-04-11),Larry-G (12-04-11),Maxwell (11-04-11),Mr. Mister (11-04-11),nzdream (12-04-11),punisher (11-04-11),rte (12-04-11),wrigley (11-04-11)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    welcome back guys, new server seems a lot more responsive.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Just goes to show.. You never realize what you have until its gone..

Good to be back..

Title
    Thanks
    Must admit I wobbled a bit when I got 404 errors at midnight when updating the software, also got no ringtone when dialling the shop the next morning - so loaded blackhole - but you will be glad to know VIX is getting loaded back on today

14. The Following User Says Thank You to welby For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (12-04-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Welcome back, you where missed
    1M Motorised Dish , Vu+ Duo (2TB HDD) , 70" 4K Sony Bravia TV , 7.1 Soround Sound , 8TB NAS , 200mb Internet

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by welby View Post
    Must admit I wobbled a bit when I got 404 errors at midnight when updating the software, also got no ringtone when dialling the shop the next morning - so loaded blackhole - but you will be glad to know VIX is getting loaded back on today
    matey we aint going no where even if it mean i pay for serber out my own pocket

but then we never miss payments on forum this was an upgrade for you guys so u can have a faster more efficiant forum to come on
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓