Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Had enough of Virginmedia 50mb service!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts

Angry Had enough of Virginmedia 50mb service!

Theres been a fault in my area since 20th Feb! Some kind of utilization issue. They're saying that it wont be fixed until 25th March! So much for the 50mb service!

Fault code is F001523353.

They given me a £25 credit, but as explained to their call centre, I don't care about the fooking money, I just want the service that I signed up for!

I know one thing for sure, if its not fixed by the 25th, a very unhappy customer will be leaving!

Rant over!
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    This happened in leicester too but went on for nearly 2 months. Hope that aint the case with your area. If it happened to me id b pissed too
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    lol i'd kill for those speeds.

dont have cable where i am, i have a crappy copper network ( BT ) but with AOL UK. supposed to get 8 meg DL but from about 14:00 to 23:00 they cap my speed some thing rotten. as for upload i get 44k regardless of time of day. and lets not get onto the speeds provided by this web n walk dongle i'm using now LOL.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    This happened in leicester too but went on for nearly 2 months. Hope that aint the case with your area. If it happened to me id b pissed too
    To fair I dont often get issues, but an issues happens its always band. This one is the worst since I signed up to the 50mb service. In this day and age i cant believe its takes this long to repair something. If a certain part takes this long to repair why don't they keep spares ready one the shelf? Maybe i'm talking out of my rear end....just very frustrated now.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    When this this happen & get fixed then? A colleague of mine on virgin was ranting about his net being up & down all the time. Wonder if this was his prob. He never came back and said was fixed, but virgin never told him there was a prob. The engineer said it must be his comp. But he'd said he reformatted. But can never really trust him

Sent from my HTC Desire Z
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    To fair I dont often get issues, but an issues happens its always band. This one is the worst since I signed up to the 50mb service. In this day and age i cant believe its takes this long to repair something. If a certain part takes this long to repair why don't they keep spares ready one the shelf? Maybe i'm talking out of my rear end....just very frustrated now.
    the thing is, the ubr platforms that hold 10/20/30/50mb customer are getting full up, they need to plan how they can utilise the network and make it so that each platform has the right amount of people on it for the right service and wont effect anyone's service, where as at the moment the 10/20/30/50mb are mixed up and probably all over the place. so they need to rethink and resegment those platforms. now god knows officially how long it should take but from experience a month or 2 and even 3 in most cases

Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    When this this happen & get fixed then? A colleague of mine on virgin was ranting about his net being up & down all the time. Wonder if this was his prob. He never came back and said was fixed, but virgin never told him there was a prob. The engineer said it must be his comp. But he'd said he reformatted. But can never really trust him

hmm i worked over there a good few months back and the problem was still occuring then, but prior to me being there i think it was already happening for a month or 2, so all in all i guess it was around 2-4 months for most people, im not too sure on exactly how long, but as far as i know, a few people said it was working for them but not sure on the whole
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R

7. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (19-03-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    I thought the move to a docsis 3.0 was supposed to alleviate over subscribed UBR,s

here is a great unofficial forum about Virginmedia

Code:
    http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/:
    Last edited by bassethound; 19-03-11 at 10:43.
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (19-03-11)

Ojustaboo
    VMi are great when it all works, when it goes wrong can be a nightmare.

trouble is, there's no real competition. I'm on the 50Mbit service too and luckily so far it's been fine.

But even if it dropped to 1/2 the speed, it's still faster than anything I can currently get in my area over the BT line.

ps, if anyone ever needs tech support for VM, it's much better to post on their support forums at http://community.virginmedia.com/ than ever consider picking up the phone.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ubrs are still oversubscribed and plans are there to expand and resegment, i dont think they released potentially a shed load of people would want vm lol its grown so big so fast.

Sic the problem is network related but the eta u have is when think it will b up and running. Never know it could e sooner bt dont hold me to that lol
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Starting to get really, really pissed off with Virginmedia now! Just phoned them as the issue still hasn't been fixed and been advised of a new estimated date of 27th Arpril How the hell can they market 100mb lines if 50mb customers cant even get full speed!
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    damn i hope the same doesnt happen to you as it did in leicester :| otherwise we defo losin another customer lol what did they say the reason was this time? still resegmentation?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Still not fixed
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    You not having much luck with internet are you?! Lol

Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    damn i dunno what to tell ya mate, thats a pain in the ass and it would peee me right off. only thing i would do it get the whole dam thing for free for aslong as u can even though it wont compensate for shoddy internet
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    My 50mb was a wee bit up and down a few nights back, had it since launch and generally its been spot on, was really nice to go from being capped every day by them to no caps at all, apparantly they are traffic managing the 50mb lines now but ive not seen it, although most of my up and downs are to usenet and I just ssl 443 for the main and its kept me full whack all the time. I'd love to go to the 100mb but their 'superhub' thing is awful, I mean really bad!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast