Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How to USB flash TM800 HD

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

Thumbs up How to USB flash TM800 HD

As the title how to USB flash a TM-800HD.

1. Format a USB stick FAT32.
    2. Download image from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...-800-HD-images
    3. Extract image to root of the USB stick and rename to TM800_update.bin
    4. Power off TM-800 and connect USB stick to front or rear USB port.
    5. Power on using rear power switch and REPEATEDLY press the Standby button front of the receiver.
    6. When miniroot shows stop pressing standby button.
    7. When IP shows press menu and the you will see the progress of the flash on the front screen. When finished the receiver will automatically reboot.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

bassethound (07-03-11),belvoir (02-01-13),bigblokewoody (09-07-11),deano41 (12-03-11),manuel68 (18-05-11),Mart (30-04-12),silverfox0786 (29-03-11),Towson Tom (10-11-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Just to add to this if for any reason the USB is not recognised or file not recognised you can remove the drive fix the bin file and reinsert it

press EXIT once and then MENU and it will run the flash
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (13-10-11),manuel68 (18-05-11),Sicilian (29-03-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Where is the image file password.After image download receiver askinng me pword,please help,i am new for this,i done alright rest the with.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cango For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cango View Post
    Where is the image file password.After image download receiver askinng me pword,please help,i am new for this,i done alright rest the with.
    try user: root
    no password
    cheers

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hunter007 For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Hello.I'm Tore Johnsrud.I received my TM800 HD yesterday.I tried to download from the net,and the tuner started with downloading language but I couldn't store the preferred language.(remote didn't work.I tried to install the Image as described by Sicilian,and the tuner seems to have deleted everything but the logo.The display showing startin but nothing happen.If I set in the usb,and follow the procedure where the miniroot showing+IP and press menu.I get the message Fail:No File.Can any one help out.Tore Johnsrud

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tore Johnsrud For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    By the looks of it the filename of the update file is not correct.

It must be on the root of the drive, (not in a folder) and as posted above named TM800_update.bin not TM800_update.bin.bin

Additionally, if you have a usb to sata converter for the HDD, then the front USB is disabled. YOu will have to use the rear one.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    By the looks of it the filename of the update file is not correct.

It must be on the root of the drive, (not in a folder) and as posted above named TM800_update.bin not TM800_update.bin.bin

Additionally, if you have a usb to sata converter for the HDD, then the front USB is disabled. YOu will have to use the rear one.
    look slike yr not flashing correctly

the front usb works fine with a sata to usb converter attached

Title
    Thanks
    Hello again.I was able to install the image.For som stange reason the file was maked as a media file so I had to un install a media player namely VLC player.I have now tried two images but the receiver refuse to cooperate,when i chose an TV channel the receiver says it can't tune in.Yes I have make all the correct satelitte settings like LNB and such.The last installed image are the andromedia-tm-800 29-6-11 BTW. I have an old Extreme one wich is still working as new.The LNB is working fine.I also had an Dreambox 7000S but the bootloader gave up.Tore Johnsrud

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    the front usb works fine with a sata to usb converter attached
    This is not correct. The front USB port is disconnected and header is used for the USB to Sata adapter.

Title
    Thanks
    This is not correct. The front USB port is disconnected and header is used for the USB to Sata adapter.
    who said about using the header

i directly connected to the back USB port and left front intact for flashing

i flashed enough tm800 and adapted USB hdd's on em

16. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

Tow164 (09-04-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Some adapter kits are designed to go onto the MB and do not have a USB plug.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 10-03-12 at 02:29.

Title
    Thanks
    Some adapter kits are designed to go onto the MB and do not have a USB plug.
    yeah i dont use that one as you say i means you loose USB ports

with the way i explained you still have both USBs active as unplugging the back USB hdd dont need the case opened so both USBs active for use in other things too

yiorgos
    Hi guys,

Last week my channels stopped working, i had Greek Italian German French etc channels through a technomate tm800 hd. I tried installing the new image i go through the steps found here in this forum plus in videos from youtube but i end up being able to see the list of channels that i was able to watch before last week but technomate does not play them.
    I live in England and as i said i want to have back mainly the Greek and Italian channels but i think i'm selecting a wrong option somewhere during set up, wrong satellite or some other setting not sure what i'm doing wrong, does anyone have a step-by-step guide in a word document or something?

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yiorgos View Post
    Hi guys,

Last week my channels stopped working, i had Greek Italian German French etc channels through a technomate tm800 hd. I tried installing the new image i go through the steps found here in this forum plus in videos from youtube but i end up being able to see the list of channels that i was able to watch before last week but technomate does not play them.
    I live in England and as i said i want to have back mainly the Greek and Italian channels but i think i'm selecting a wrong option somewhere during set up, wrong satellite or some other setting not sure what i'm doing wrong, does anyone have a step-by-step guide in a word document or something?
    Do you suffer a visual disability mate that prevents you being able to read properly?

You agreed to abide by the rules 4 days ago and first post breaks them the right away.

We welcome your participation in

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?