Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to upgrade ET9000 via USB memory stick

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_westling View Post
    Hello
    I am thinking of upgrading my ET9000 from a 2.3 image (or maybe a 2.2 I'm not sure) to the 3.0 image.
    When I look at the fresh files (openvix-3.0.666-et9x00...) there arethe files:
    "imageversion"
    "kernel"
    "noforce"
    "rootfs"
    "splash"

in the installation guides it says that a file called "boot" should be present. Is "splash" replacing the need of the "boot" file?
    If not: how should the boot file be configured?

Is the bootloader dated 2012-may-13 the correct bootloader for openvix-3.0.666?
    I also wonder what ViX-2.3-20110930 in the imageversion file stands for? is that the version of the bootloader or should that be changed accordingly what openvix version that is supposed to be istalled after upgrading the bootloader.
    Probably I just make more difficult than it is
    Just want to be sure before I stab the USB stick in to the box...
    Just download the bootloader and latest image from quicklinks/openVix downloads.
    Unzip both.
    Copy the bootloader folder to an empty usb stick and install.
    Then clear usb stick, copy over the folder for the image (ET9x00) to the usb stick and flash.
    Last edited by twol; 20-05-13 at 17:58.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Just download the bootloader and latest image from quicklinks/openVix downloads.
    Unzip both.
    Copy the bootloader folder to an empty usb stick and install.
    Then clear usb stick, copy over the folder for the image (ET9x00) to the usb stick and flash.
    Thanks! :-)
    It was no problems! Installation worked fine! :-)
    Did it late yesterday so I didn't look so deep into it; but at a glance look I couldn't find a editor for the bouquets in the web interface?
    Is there any?
    Thought the old web-interface-editor worked fine to sort the channels...

Title
    Thanks
    Did it late yesterday so I didn't look so deep into it; but at a glance look I couldn't find a editor for the bouquets in the web interface?
    Is there any?
    Is there any?
    Hi tony_westling or anyone else that has experience with flashing an Xtrend ET9200.

I have a very similar situation to the one you have replied to back in May. I am on the Vix 2.3 or 2.4 (can't remember and when checking in the menus there is no About option to see what image I am using at the moment).

I wanted to update my box, following the procedure that you have described above.

1) Formatted an usb to FAT32
    2) Downloaded the latest bootloader (et9000-bootloader.zip from 2012-May-13)
    3) used winrar to extract the content and copied the folder et9000 to the root of the USB stick)
    4) I have inserted the USB stick with the folder into the front usb port and booted up the receiver
    5) It does not say it detects anything, it just shows me a message "ET9X00", as it does not say bootloader I did not press OK, so after a while it boots normally to the old image

If I rename the folder et9x00 instead of the et9000 it says that it detected an image Vix 2.3 something, but because it is not an image I did not dare to flash it like this.

What should I do?

Should I press OK when I see the message ET9X00 and wait for it to flash or should I rename the folder to ET9X00 and flash it as if it was an image?

Many thanks for all your needed help

Update: So when no USB pen is in the receiver and I turn it on I get the ET9X00 message before I see booting. So my conclusion is with the folder named ET9000 it does not detect the bootloader folder. What does it mean? Am I on the latest bootloader already or should I rename the folder to ET9X00?

Update2: When renaming the booloader folder to ET9X00 and booting the receiver I get the message:
    Found Vix Image 2.3 20110930, do you want to flash it? Should I go ahead or should it say bootloader detected?
    Last edited by Johev; 30-12-13 at 22:43.

Title
    Thanks
    As I am not allowed to edit my above post (30 min rule) I needed to post this separately:

Update3: My box is an Xtrend ET9200 Silverline Edition bought directly from the sponsor, do I need to flash the bootloader at all? After more reading I think that I don't need to flash the bootloader, even though I probably updated it back in 2011. What do you think? Should I just flash the latest openvix-3.0.808-et9x00_usb.zip following the instructions on page 1?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My friend has just ordered an XT9500 but i'm not sure which image he requested to be installed on it. To install the latest openvix do i follow the instructions in this thread where the files are copied into a et9000 subfolder of the USB stick or do i follow the instructions in this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...Xtrend-ET10000

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Find Xtrend ET9x00 flashing guide here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?d...hing%20Guides/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12