Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to upgrade ET9000 via USB memory stick

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

Thumbs up How to upgrade ET9000 via USB memory stick

Format your USB stick Fat 32 then make /et9000 folder in the root and copy the following 4 files to that location.
    1) boot.bin
    2) kernel.bin
    3) rootfs.bin
    4) imageversion
    Insert USB stick into either USB socket on the rear or front and then Power Off and Power On.

After power-on, ET9000 is detecting USB driver and perceiving the upgrade files existed.
    Taking a look at ET9000 informs "image found?" on the left of front panel and pressing "OK" button on the right of it.
    ET9000 gets into a state of upgrading the files and displaying "flashing" on it. after complete upgrading, rebooting it.

-Note-
    During upgrading, please don't unplug power or shut down STB.

EDIT: RECEIVERS USING THE LATEST BOOTLOADER ALREADY FLASHED WILL USE A FOLDER NAMED et9x00
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

arik (09-04-12),bassethound (24-02-11),bazzg (23-10-15),easy (24-02-11),Galaxien (13-09-11),GecHo (17-04-16),lois (12-10-15),mnewton22 (08-12-11),Mr. Mister (14-07-11),silverfox0786 (24-02-11),Tyler (26-09-11)

Title
    Thanks

nothing works

I have flashed with the new bootloader and it worked, then i tryed with the new openpli et9x00 but nothing hapens when restarting the box.
    I have tryed with vix image its looks like its loading down but nothing new on the box. What sould i do?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    If u flashed the latest bootloader then u cant flash vix 2.2 it wont work and ull have to wait for 2.3 in the meantime ull have to use an image that supports latest bootloader of which i think there r only 3 images
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

bazzg (23-10-15)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    If you have flashed with the very latest bootloader than you can only use images with the folder labelled 9X000, your best bet is to use PLI until VIX 2.3 is releases.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    yes but nothing hapens when i put in the usbstick with the new et9x00 from pli, its restarts without loading it. And i dont now how to get mgcamd or ccam on it.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Do you have any other USB devices installed and is the file structure correct on the image ie et9x000 and than the 4 files?

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    i installed the new bootloader and then i tryed the new et9x00 image and it was 4 files on it. But nothing hapens when i restart the box it starts without loading. after that i have tryed load vix image and it loads but nothing changes on the box

Title
    Thanks
    I had a similar problem, then realised I hadnt followed the "ruddy" instructions... You must do exactly as it says:

1. Format the USB stick to FAT32
    2. Create the directory ET9000
    3. Copy the 4 or 5 files into the ET9000 directory (5th file is the NOFORCE.xxx if i recall)
    4. Turn off box
    5. Insert Mem stick in front, ensuring no other USB ports are being used
    6. Turn on box
    7. You will then very quickly get a FP msg saying image found

Hope this helps.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by julvisor View Post
    i installed the new bootloader and then i tryed the new et9x00 image and it was 4 files on it. But nothing hapens when i restart the box it starts without loading. after that i have tryed load vix image and it loads but nothing changes on the box
    you cant use the vix 2.2.100 image with the new bootloaders, to use vix you must now wait for the release of 2.3
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi. A newbee question: I am about to flash the latest bootloader. There is two folders in the downloaded file. ET9000 and _MACOSX. In the first folder it is three files, and in the other folder there is one file.
    Is it correct just to copy the folders/files to a USB stick as they are or do I have to re arrange the files in one folder?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LFN View Post
    Hi. A newbee question: I am about to flash the latest bootloader. There is two folders in the downloaded file. ET9000 and _MACOSX. In the first folder it is three files, and in the other folder there is one file.
    Is it correct just to copy the folders/files to a USB stick as they are or do I have to re arrange the files in one folder?
    Ignore the _MACOSX folder. Copy the et9000 folder to your pen drive. Insert the pen drive into the STB and follow the instructions above.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi. I have recently bought an Xtrend 9000 and after using it for one month when I wanted to change the image to another it stays on booting and doesnt go . I dont know what to do ??? I have tried diffrent variety of images but it hangs on booting I mean after flashing completes it shows booting and doesnt go and shows nothing on TV . I waited for a long time for booting but doesnt go . Please help me ????????????????????

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fattah1433 View Post
    Hi. I have recently bought an Xtrend 9000 and after using it for one month when I wanted to change the image to another it stays on booting and doesnt go . I dont know what to do ??? I have tried diffrent variety of images but it hangs on booting I mean after flashing completes it shows booting and doesnt go and shows nothing on TV . I waited for a long time for booting but doesnt go . Please help me ????????????????????
    What image did you flash and did you upgrade the bootloader if using one of the latest images?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    in the installation guides it says that a file called "boot" should be present. Is "splash" replacing the need of the "boot" file?
    If not: how should the boot file be configured?

Is the bootloader dated 2012-may-13 the correct bootloader for openvix-3.0.666?
    I also wonder what ViX-2.3-20110930 in the imageversion file stands for? is that the version of the bootloader or should that be changed accordingly what openvix version that is supposed to be istalled after upgrading the bootloader.
    Probably I just make more difficult than it is
    Just want to be sure before I stab the USB stick in to the box...

Title
    Thanks
    Hello
    I am thinking of upgrading my ET9000 from a 2.3 image (or maybe a 2.2 I'm not sure) to the 3.0 image.
    When I look at the fresh files (openvix-3.0.666-et9x00...) there arethe files:
    "imageversion"
    "kernel"
    "noforce"
    "rootfs"
    "splash"

in the installation guides it says that a file called "boot" should be present. Is "splash" replacing the need of the "boot" file?
    If not: how should the boot file be configured?

Is the bootloader dated 2012-may-13 the correct bootloader for openvix-3.0.666?
    I also wonder what ViX-2.3-20110930 in the imageversion file stands for? is that the version of the bootloader or should that be changed accordingly what openvix version that is supposed to be istalled after upgrading the bootloader.
    Probably I just make more difficult than it is
    Just want to be sure before I stab the USB stick in to the box...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast