Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Box gradually slows down...

Title
    Thanks

Box gradually slows down...

Hi
    I have been waiting for a fix for my problem for the last few builds but it hasn't happened up to now, so here is the problem...

Since build 6.3.003, the longer my box (Ultimo4k) goes without a reboot, the slower it gets. After 2 days, it is extremely slow in responding to the remote and I have to wait after every press. I used to leave it over a week between reboots regularly and I often rebooted just because it had been so long since the last one.

It is absolutely fine straight after a reboot, but after a day, it is noticeably slowing down. I've never given it much past 2 days because the box is too awful to use.

The box never crashes or locks up and it does every thing it should, but it does it slower and slower as time passes.

Thanks in advance

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Hi
    I have been waiting for a fix for my problem for the last few builds but it hasn't happened up to now, so here is the problem...

Since build 6.3.003, the longer my box (Ultimo4k) goes without a reboot, the slower it gets. After 2 days, it is extremely slow in responding to the remote and I have to wait after every press. I used to leave it over a week between reboots regularly and I often rebooted just because it had been so long since the last one.

It is absolutely fine straight after a reboot, but after a day, it is noticeably slowing down. I've never given it much past 2 days because the box is too awful to use.

The box never crashes or locks up and it does every thing it should, but it does it slower and slower as time passes.

Thanks in advance
    List your plugins … long press blue button then yellow button……post here
    Last edited by twol; 31-05-23 at 20:31.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Fuzzy (04-06-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I would ask where is your epg getting stored too . hoping not Internal flash.

Not sure if there was a memory leak in that model as someone else had a slow box also but over 10yrs ago.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/a...p/t-33415.html

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

Fuzzy (04-06-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi

Thanks in advance
    Could it be??
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...ad.php?66077#3
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...ad.php?66077#4
    Last edited by adm; 31-05-23 at 22:07.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

Fuzzy (04-06-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for replies

Epg is stored in usb.

Plugins are:
    Enigma2 Extensions: lcd4linux, mediaplayer,
    Enigma2 Skins: kiddac-1080 slyk-q, openvix - vixbmc - 1080 bello, openvix - 1080 confluence
    Enigma2 Softcams: cccam, oscam stable,
    Enigma2 Systemplugins - crossepg
    Packagegroup - base-nfs,
    Run-postinsts

Box was working fine until update 6.3.003 and has been slow ever since. It's a bit tricky to test it, as the problem takes a day or so to happen.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Thanks for replies

Epg is stored in usb.

Plugins are:
    Enigma2 Extensions: lcd4linux, mediaplayer,
    Enigma2 Skins: kiddac-1080 slyk-q, openvix - vixbmc - 1080 bello, openvix - 1080 confluence
    Enigma2 Softcams: cccam, oscam stable,
    Enigma2 Systemplugins - crossepg
    Packagegroup - base-nfs,
    Run-postinsts

Box was working fine until update 6.3.003 and has been slow ever since. It's a bit tricky to test it, as the problem takes a day or so to happen.

Thanks
    Because some of those plugin are updated frequently, I would try running for a few days without lcd4linux (been too many issues with slow downs, and is constantly being updated/fixed)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

cactikid (01-06-23),Fuzzy (04-06-23)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    If you are using crossepg plugin, it will be pointless to also have OpenTV enabled in EPG settings. So some process/memory saving there!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LraiZer For This Useful Post:

Fuzzy (04-06-23),Huevos (01-06-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If you are using Softcam Manager to control your softcams, you may want to try the script control method instead. People who have that issue usually get multiple instances of the softcam running because the softcam check fails to detect the running version and then starts another instance of it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Fuzzy (04-06-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for replies I do use softcam manager so i will try changing that if disabling lcd4linux doesn't solve it. I don't like a blank lcd screen though so I hope lcd4linux isn't the problem.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You can get the default skin for LCD by deleting this : \Root\etc\enigma2\skin_user.xml

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Orlandox For This Useful Post:

Fuzzy (04-06-23)

Title
    Thanks
    3 days after the last reboot, the box is still running fine, no slowdown at all. So lcd4linux looks like the culprit.

The default skin isn't as good as lcd4linux but I will try to live with it in the hope that lcd4linux will be fixed one day. I could go back to 6.3.002 but I'd rather not.

Thanks for everyone's tips and advice in helping me solve this I doubt that I would have ever suspected lcd4linux if I hadn't asked

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy For This Useful Post:

cactikid (04-06-23),twol (04-06-23)

Title
    Thanks

My favorite skin

I have been using VIXBMC_1080_Confluence (1920x1080) and I am very happy with it.
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nekrub2 View Post
    I have been using VIXBMC_1080_Confluence (1920x1080) and I am very happy with it.
    We are talking about the panel skin.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Just updating this thread. The memory leak in LCD4Linux has finally been fixed. I noticed that a memory leak had been fixed in the release notes so I stopped rebooting every day. The box has been running for 8 days now and it hasn't slowed down at all.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-12-23),Joe_90 (29-12-23),twol (29-12-23)