Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Box freezes everyday -- tried to solve with power timer but found bug

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No

Thread: Box freezes everyday -- tried to solve with power timer but found bug

Title
    Thanks

Box freezes everyday -- tried to solve with power timer but found bug

Hi All

Bit of a strange one, on 6.3.007 I find the box cant last more than 24 hours without a crash (freezes, front screen still works but box is unresponsive otherwise, including openwebif)

I used a power timer to tell the box to reboot every morning which solved the issue, but I told it to go into standby once it had power cycled, for some reason it does not do this, it stays on.

anyone else with this box struggling with this image or is it time for me to look at my plugins?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    If you haven,t done so, turn on debug logs (menu/setup/system/logs/settings … save not in flash, local time.
    post logs before/after
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    If you haven,t done so, turn on debug logs (menu/setup/system/logs/settings … save not in flash, local time.
    post logs before/after
    Will do (i hadnt) Ive also removed LCD4Linux as I saw another thread saying there was a memory leak in its so will see if that fixes it!

Title
    Thanks
    For me, the power timer has NEVER worked as it should. It has never gone to standby after a reboot. This has been for years and with several images.
    My guess is that after the reboot, the box has forgotten what it was doing and just resumes normal operation instead of finalizing the timed task.
    So instead, I use a separate power timer that puts the box into standby 5 minutes after the reboot timer.

I too am using this method because of the memory leak in LDC4Linux. I just can't live without the modified front display LDC4Linux enables me to have.
    The memory leak causes the box (Vu+ Duo4K SE) to slow down after a couple of days. Rebooting once a day helps a lot.
    Vu+ Duo 4K SE

Title
    Thanks
    I have the same sort of issue but no one has been able to help :-

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...System-freeze-!

Could this be my issue too ??

Dave.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Micci View Post
    For me, the power timer has NEVER worked as it should. It has never gone to standby after a reboot. This has been for years and with several images.
    My guess is that after the reboot, the box has forgotten what it was doing and just resumes normal operation instead of finalizing the timed task.
    So instead, I use a separate power timer that puts the box into standby 5 minutes after the reboot timer.
    I use 'StartupToStandby' plugin.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    "Startup to Standby" in PowerTimer works perfectly on all my boxes. I have a particular startup channel set, so the box briefly tunes to it to set the clock, then drops into standby mode. Works like this every time. I don't use LCD4linux plugin, though, which seems to be mentioned in several threads.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers