Hi everyone
For the past 40 years (truly!) we have been using a 1.25m motorized dish with a 36v, 3-wire motor attached to a Superjack II "DiseqC 1.2" Positioner. I had about 10 satellites programmed. We have a VU+2 receiver. So 4 dish wires and Coax -> Superjack -> VU+

At the end of March a hurricane decided to visit our village in NW Switzerland and not only was our dish forced about 50° eastwards, but also rotated clockwise about 15° and it also now has a dent from being blown inwards and springing back into shape. Because of the wind-forced west-east rotation, the motor is totally blocked and I can't move the dish using the controller in the living room. A local sat supplier came past 2 weeks ago and confirmed my suspicions that our sat dish needs to be replaced.
About five years ago our daughter and her husband bought a 1.25m dish with a "normal" DiseqC motor which they took down after about six months and have now brought it to us.
I would prefer to have a motor of the 36V type to use with my Superjack II, but if the supplier has trouble finding one, I would have to keep the "new" (ex-daughter) dish as it is.
However I have absolutely no idea how to use it, how to set the various satellites - my main satellite is 28.2° E and I would like to set at least 19"E and 16°.
Setting up satellites with the Superjack system I would use the VU+ box menu to move the dish to a satellite, then give that satellite a number, then do the same with the next satellite. The positions were therefore stored in the Superjack Positioner. How is it done when you use a "normal" Diseqc motor ?

Can anyone give me an Idiot's Guide ?