Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help needed for using Diseqc

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You seem to have edited your original comment which included the lines (according to the email notification of your reply) "These clowns with ladders seem to have been paid and left and nothing was working. Probably have never set up a motor ever and have no idea how to do it. I've been clearing up after fools like this for more than 20 years. Why did you pay them?"
    1. They have been in business since 1978 and we bought our second dish (36V motor) off them in 1984. It was working perfectly for 39 years until the hurricane on 30.3.23.
    2. As mentioned before, very few people use dishes here and the boss told me he hadn't had to install one since the late 1990s. Knowledge gets pushed to the back of one's memory and needs to be dug out. (I haven't built a PC for over 20 years and would need to look up how to set the jumpers on a hard disk because I have forgotten). We had fun getting it sorted out, even though not quite following Abu's instructions pdf (I didn't have it then and thankyou again, Abu).
    3. Who said it doesn't work ? It DOES work, albeit I need to compare my settings with Abu's pdfs. And they didn't leave until those three satellites were tested and working.
    4. I haven't received the invoice yet and the work and new LNB is covered by our house insurance which covers storm damage to all kinds of TV and radio reception devices physically attached to the policy owner's house.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Just to clarify, it is not my pdf. It is Rob's guide.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    The problem we had was that when we were setting it up (after then setting USALS to NO), we found the first satellite (19E) and had the setting LNB to LNB 1 and saved it.
    If it works with USALS, NO, but not YES, the dish is not adjusted correctly.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post

LATER; Just read through Fruitball's guide. He mentions a "reference satellite" for one's area and that there is a list online to find your own reference satellite. I can't find any such list, only stuff about GPS, Landsat imagery etc. What would mine be, for 7.31 E, 47 N?
    You definitely need to align dish: for your longitude (7.31°E), the reference satellite should be Eutelsat 7 (at 7.0°E): with a vertical pole, maximizing the signal on your reference sat, you should be able to cover all the belt (60°W-80°E) with small adjustments.
    Last edited by morpheus883; 07-06-23 at 20:21.
    I can only show you the door... YOU have to walk through it! (Matrix, 1999)

Red or Blue? Push the Green button, then the Blue one and you'll get the best available for your decoder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12