Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: New Gigablue Ultra SCR-LNB 24 SCR-2 LEGACY HELP NEEDED.

Title
    Thanks

Question New Gigablue Ultra SCR-LNB 24 SCR-2 LEGACY HELP NEEDED.

I hope i have posted in the correct forum if not sorry been out of it for a while.
    New Gigablue Ultra SCR-LNB 24 SCR-2 LEGACY HELP NEEDED.
    Hi purchased a Gigablue Ultra SCR-LNB 24 SCR-2 LEGACY LNB With 40mm bracket.
    asked an ariel installer to fit it for me as don't have the ladders anymore.
    i am using it hopefully to run my gigablue quad plus and have the other cables running to my new tv that has free sat built in and is 4k.
    i am later purchasing a new 4k box once all is set up.
    The installer says he only has a meter for the legacy out put, surely if the legacy is aligned so should the SCR any input is appreciated.
    I was originally told all i needed to do was put a splitter on the SCR cable and run two cables to my tv and then the other four cables to my gigablue quad plus switching it to two cables once i have my new 4k box.
    can i confirm this can be done using this LNB or have i misunderstood.
    Thanks for your input.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 881 Posts
    I don't think your quad plus tuners will support unicable. Legacy - certainly. @abu is probably best provider of info regarding unicable.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

WOODWARD395 (17-05-23)

Title
    Thanks
    I was originally told this would work until i get my 4k gigablue box I may have been misinformed I do have2 legacy cables to fall back on but then i lose two tuners on my existing box.
    as i stated the sky installer who is fitting the LNB for me is unsure as he has never fitted one before.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    I don't think your quad plus tuners will support unicable.
    All enigma2 receivers will support unicable.

The installer says he only has a meter for the legacy out put, surely if the legacy is aligned so should the SCR any input is appreciated.
    This is correct. Unless you get a faulty LNB. (See Realdanny's thread.)

i am using it hopefully to run my gigablue quad plus and have the other cables running to my new tv that has free sat built in and is 4k.
    I was originally told all i needed to do was put a splitter on the SCR cable and run two cables to my tv and then the other four cables to my gigablue quad plus switching it to two cables once i have my new 4k box.
    I am not comprehending this statement fully. Please rephrase if following does not satisfy the query.

If you are saying:
    Use one cable from Unicable output and then splitters to hook-up to tuners that support Unicable.
    Use some cables to hook-up legacy/universal outputs of LNB to TV that does not support Unicable.

Yes, that is the way to do it. Put splitters wherever convenient for you. I'd prefer to have the splitters indoor.
    More reading here: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...using-Unicable

Edit:
    but then i lose two tuners on my existing box
    I have tried to look at your old posts if there was a description of how many tuners you have, I didn't look too hard, but if you have more than 2 tuners, have a splitter by the receiver and supply all the tuners with signal from teh Unicable LNB.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

WOODWARD395 (17-05-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply.
    I would be running 6 cables from my SCR cable using a 6 way splitter 4 to my 4 tuners on my Gigablue Quad Plus then two to my 2 free sat tuners on my Sony TV.
    Later on when I get my Gigablue 4k box that has two tuners I would reduce to 2 cables to my 4k sat box.
    hope that makes more sense.
    The reason i stated i would lose two tuners was due to Joe_90 saying the tuners may be incompatible so would only be able to use the two legacy outputs on the LNB.
    Last edited by WOODWARD395; 17-05-23 at 18:43. Reason: correct sentance

Title
    Thanks
    Make sure that the Sony TV supports unicable.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

WOODWARD395 (18-05-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WOODWARD395 View Post
    The reason i stated i would lose two tuners was due to Joe_90 saying the tuners may be incompatible so would only be able to use the two legacy outputs on the LNB.
    My apologies. I didn't think legacy boxes like the Quad+ (which I use) were able to set the sub frequencies output by unicable LNBs. I really need to do some review reading as my old SKy dish with an octo LNB is on its last legs and I was considering doing a replacement with unicable but thought I'd need a newer box.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (19-05-23),WOODWARD395 (18-05-23)

Title
    Thanks
    no problem m8 i have been out of sat for just over a year due to health issues.
    so much has changed in that time, its hard to keep up with everything.

Title
    Thanks
    thanks. I have four cables into my lounge so if the TV does not use unicable. I can use the two legacy cables.
    as the LNB has one SCR and two legacy connectors.

Title
    Thanks
    hi just gone into tuning freesat on my sony tv does say single cable distribution so supports unicable then it says 1 band or 2 band I selected 2 bands then it takes me to another menu and asks select band 1 to band 8 this is where i get confused then it asks modify frequency yes or no.
    gets very confusing says enter band frequency for main tuner then select band for sub tuner.
    baffled now.
    sure i will get it sorted!!!!!!

Title
    Thanks
    I don't know how to setup a Sony TV for use with unicable. Most LNBs will come with a card listing the frequencies/bands they use. The frequencies in the xml file we have for a Gigablue LNB are listed below.
    scrs="1210,1420,1680,2040,1005,1050,1095,1140,1260 ,1305,1350,1475,1520,1565,1610,1725,1770,1815,1860 ,1905,1950,1995,2085,2130"

Unicable 1 = EN 50494
    Unicable 2/Jess = EN 50607

There is a video on Youtube, but it is in German with no real commentary. A few posts with no useful answers on some other fora. Sony have a UK call/contact centre. Maybe e-mail them as searching for unicable/dcss does not find any results on their site.

Title
    Thanks
    That was great, got it working on Sony TV with those frequency's, now i need to get it working on my box.
    trying to find out how to input the frequency's for each tuner now.
    thanks so much for your help.
    up date just got everything up and running.
    the picture is so much better with the new LNB.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to WOODWARD395 For This Useful Post:

bmitie (22-05-23)

Title
    Thanks
    You don't have to set frequencies manually. Most of the makes/models are listed , so you just select the one that applies.

There was some description on how to configure the tuner on the other thread I linked to. There is a guide for a different model below. Adjust manufacturer/Model to match yours. (Although the important thing is the Frequencies match, you can pick any one)
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...-configuration

Common pitfalls
    Connected: It is asking if you do not have signal wire directly to the LNB and are getting signal through another tuner. If the tuner has it's own direct signal wire via splitter, you must say no.
    LNB number: People seem to change this, leave it as 1.
    SCR frequency/channel: This must be different across all devices communicating with the LNB, even if on different receivers. If you are using frequencies 1210 and 1420 on the TV, you cannot use those on your receiver.

It would be great if you could do a tutorial on setting up a TV with unicable. I can learn and help others, especially the man with the monkey.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

WOODWARD395 (20-05-23)

Title
    Thanks
    could you share what you actually did to get it working as I have a sony tv and a few boxes, want to get a unicable to get rid of cables. keep it simple.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to bmitie For This Useful Post:

WOODWARD395 (23-05-23)

Title
    Thanks
    I found on my box Gigablue Quad Plus all four tuners loaded the same Frequency all i needed to do is scroll to the side which just added the next frequency and so on.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to WOODWARD395 For This Useful Post:

bmitie (23-05-23)