Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recording problem

Title
    Thanks
    List of bouquets
    [
    ATTACH=CONFIG]65408[/ATTACH]

Then when I select FreeView (UK)

1_0_19_18E3_7FD_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20230515154441.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Great work on screenshots. Nice and clear!

I am not understanding what the current problem is. The only issue I can see is that you do not have any EPG for the terrestrial channels. This is normal if you have not been on one for a while. Select the Freeview bouquet, select a channel and the EPG will be absorbed.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks that did it by selecting a channel.

This what I see now:

1_0_1_104A_104A_233A_EEEE0000_0_0_0_20230515164222.jpg

I find that if I don't select 'Show Bouquets at launch' when I select the EPG it defaults to FreeView (UK), that is even after I last selected FreeSAT in the bouquet list when Show Bouquets at launch was enabled
    Last edited by avalon65; 15-05-23 at 17:00. Reason: More information

Title
    Thanks
    You will generally be in the last bouquet/method you had selected. When in the Grid EPG, pressing the "FAV", "favourites" or "TV button" will show you the bouquets, you can then select one you want. < and > will go through the bouquets. Some remotes do not have the TV button and some remotes change function of remote so it controls the TV instead of Receiver.

There is coding/programming to do with "selecting channels". There is programming to do with "showing EPG". The "show EPG" programming sometimes loses focus. A large number of users always go to the EPG button for selecting channels even thouhg this is not the primary goal of those screens. In my opinion, better to use the channel selecting code to begin with, then go to grid EPG when you are more comfortable.

More reading here
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...nel-navigation

Before you next run ABM, maybe you can disable the the FTA bouquet for Freeview. They are all FTA, the days of "ON Digital" are long gone!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, yes I have disabled the FTA bouquet for FreeView. The new remote I bought for the receiver has a TV and a TV/Rad button, and if I press either of those the remote doesn't work with the receiver and I have to pres the Giga button
    I did press the said buttons to see what would happen, and one time it brought up the bouquet menu, but another time the TV/Rad button brought up a Favorite radio station, which didn't play, and I couldn't get back to a TV bouquet for what seemed like ages.

When you say to use the channel selecting code , is that the actual channel number like 101, 102 etc.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by avalon65 View Post
    When you say to use the channel selecting code , is that the actual channel number like 101, 102 etc.
    What I am saying is: Don't use the EPG button for selecting channels until you are comfortable with navigating around.

With no menus showing, press the Up or Down button (next to OK on middle of remote). What do you see?

Title
    Thanks
    Aah, I know what you mean now. using the up / down button changes the channel or tv station. I sometimes also press the numbers for the channel if I know what they are, like 101, 102 etc

I see there is a FAV button on the OpenWebIf remote, but not one on the actual remote, and pressing the TV/Rad button is a nightmare to get back to the TV channel, as it brings up Favourite radio from user.bouquet.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 881 Posts
    Favourites can be selected by pressing BLUE after pressing the UP/DOWN button. The GIGA/TV/AUX/DVD buttons are for switching between different devices. It's a universal remote.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Tv / Radio button changes source from tv channels to radio .

Blue button while in your list of channels should be favourites ?

Look down on Webif page look at the blue button ?

Title
    Thanks
    The Context key is mapped to Favourites on the Gigablue 4 remotes

Title
    Thanks
    The remote I have is the GigaBlue V3 Remote.

The Blue button on the remote just brings up an extension window, ie Pleae choose an extensions, as does the Context button
    Yellow button is EPG search and green is Timer list

Even after pressing the Up / Down button then pressing the Blue button does not bring up Favourites

I don't recall having to do any of this when I first got the receiver, apart from setting up FreeSAT and FreeView.

Thank anyway

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Did you set up AutoBouquetsmaker ABM to use your Bouquets for channel choices i wonder?

Wonder if that is why you cant see it.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 881 Posts
    BLUE button on its own (when in normal programme watching) does bring up the extension window. If you press UP/DOWN (to bring up the channel list) you should see the options listed at the bottom of the screen (BLUE for Favourites). These are favourites bouquets created by AutoBouquetsMaker as referenced by @cactikid in his reply. See my screenshots. In case of confusion in what you're seeing in my screenshots, my terrestrial (Saorview) and Freesat bouquets are combined, but named as "Freesat UK - Saorview", so I've shown the first two pages of my channel list. The bouquets list is shown when I press BLUE.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (16-05-23),cactikid (16-05-23)

Title
    Thanks
    The GB3 remote should also have the Context menu mapped to favourites.

We are referring to the up/down next to okay in middle of remote. Please read the pdf in that thread I linked to if you need to. We are just repeating what is in there. (The only thing missing is button customisations.)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    Did you set up AutoBouquetsmaker ABM to use your Bouquets for channel choices i wonder?

Wonder if that is why you cant see it.
    Is there some setting in ABM for channel choices then?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast