Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recording problem

Title
    Thanks

Recording problem

My receiver came with twin satellite tuners, and twin terrestrial tv tuners so I could record 3 programs and watch another program . This has worked well , but more recently ince I flashed the receiver with the latest image , the receiver doesn't see the twin TV tuners, and will only record 1 program if we want to watch another.
    I have checked the cable connections, unplugged and replugged , also checked the settings so that the local tv transmitter is selected, it wasn't after the initial image upgrade.

I don't know what else to do or check in the tuner settings.
    Help please

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Post a picture /screenshot if the following page:
    Menu, Information, Devices

And also screenshots of all the 10 tuner configuration pages.

Title
    Thanks
    It would have been better to right click and save the screenshot. They are not very clear and we have to zoom in. Please bear in mind for future screenshot requests.

Your first picture shows Tuners I&J are present.

Tuner I. You have enabled both Terrestrial and Cable (Virgin). Best to disable the Cable one.
    Tuner J. You have enabled both Terrestrial and Cable (Virgin). Best to disable the Cable one.

Q1. For your satellite tuners, are you using a Unicable LNB or Universal LNB?
    Q2. When you scan for Emley Moor, do you get all the channels?
    Q3. Is your problem for satellite channels or Terrestrial channels
    Q4. How are you making your bouquets? Are you using AutoBoquetsMaker?

I would recommend:
    In ABM, you enable the option to "Add provider name to bouquets" It will allow you to easily distinguish between Terrestrial and Satellite bouquets
    In the Channel selection menu, enable "Show service type icons"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

cactikid (14-05-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes i could not make it out either as it needs to be seen more clearly
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    oops, yes , Sorry about that I didn't realise how they would turn out .Doh!
    I'll do them again by right click you want me to

For Q1, All I know that it is 1 LNB with 2 cables attached
    For Q2, yes I get all channels as far as I am aware
    For Q3, I'm not sure either way , but probably just Terrestrial channels
    For Q4, Yes I am or did use Autobiographer

I have already added provider name, ie Service name. I have service number, then picon, then service name, eg 101 BBC One
    Yes already showing services type icons.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Terrestrial channels are those that you get from an aerial. You can access two Terrestrial frequencies on your hardware setup. With one tuner, you can record BBC one HD, BBC 2 HD, itv 1 HD, channel 4 HD, channel 5 HD.

Please enable the options I suggested to remove any confusion as to whether you are selecting Terrestrial or Satellite channels.

There is a bug with the FBC tuners and using universal LNBs. You get conflict warnings when you can actually select services.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes I am aware that you get terrestrial channels from a TV aerial.
    The receiver does have twin satellite tuner as well a twin TV tuners.

I have changed what need to be changed , ie Disabled cable for both Tuner I and J

Pardon me for asking this, but how do I know if I am selecting Terrestrial or Satellite channels.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Yes I am aware that you get terrestrial channels from a TV aerial.
    Okay, thanks for confirming. Some people think BBC1, 2, ITV1, CH 4 and Ch 5 on satellite are Terrestrial channels. I am glad you don't fall into this.

Quote Originally Posted by avalon65 View Post
    Pardon me for asking this, but how do I know if I am selecting Terrestrial or Satellite channels.
    That is why I suggested that you enabled the Service type icon in channel list menu and also add provider name to bouquet in ABM's menu. I should also add, ensure that you have Freeview above Sky in the ABM providers order. The bouquet ill be named to discern between Freeview and Sky. There will be little pictures next to the channel name, an aerial and a satellite.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, I have enabled Freeview, Emly Moor for Terretrial TV channels, and moved it up above FreeSAT in provider order

Where do I enable the service type icon, a I can't see where to do it. I have Service name in Grid EPG,, but can't see where to add service type.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Have you enabled "Add provider name to bouquets"? In ABM's configure menu. Be sure to run ABM again. This will make it so much easier for you to tell difference.

ABM provider name to bouquets.jpg

EDIT:
    Picture with the bouquets. If the provider names are not added, you would not know whether you are accessing the Sky or Freeview bouquet.
    boquets with provider names.jpg

In the Grid EPG, there isn't an option to show service type. But your bouquets should be named (hence previous advice). You would normally press the TV button to show bouquets. But the Gigablue has TV/Rad button which will get your system confused. Might be better to for you to enable the option "show bouquet on launch". That way you will choose the boquet. Just press menu when the grid EPG is open to show the menu options.

grid epg - show bouquets.jpg

For the service type icons, activate the channel list by pressing up next to OK (nothing to do with Grid EPG or any of the EPG screens), then press menu, then menu again for configuration
    Enable the "Show service type icons".

channel list service type.jpg

The arrow below shows the service type icons
    channel list service type 2.jpg
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 14-05-23 at 21:02. Reason: Add bouquets with names

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for that, but when I enabled FreeView and set it above FreeSAT, then started a scan, I received and error message. It said it couldn't read the data for FreeView. Also before starting a scan, the FreeView channel list in the EPG was blank, which was to be expected I suppose. Then when I selected FreeSAT bouquet, the channel list started at 1001 instead of 101 for BBC One W.Yorks.
    Have I missed something ?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    If you have two providers, they both can't start at 1. Unless you enable Alternate numbering. The idea is for you to use the Freeview more than Freesat. You will have fewer clashes. If this is not to your liking, please swap the provider order back, then run AutoBouquetsMaker again.

I am a bit puzzled about your comments about the error. You said you thought you get all the channels, so you should not be getting any errors. But you saying the Freesat bouquets start at 1001 implies ABM worked fine. Can you please check the Freeview bouquets and check if the channels work.

Title
    Thanks
    Oops, yes my error. I forgot to select the actual TV area under FreeView, but have done that now. I did another scan and although FreeViewUK was scanned and I have show service name selected, there doesn't appear to be any FreeView channels , unless they are duplicated and saved to just 1 . IE BBC One , x2 becomes just BBC One x1

I swapped the provider order so that it starts at 101 in the grid epg, and apart from checking recordings, it appears to be working fine.
    Thank

Title
    Thanks
    Restart your receiver using menu and check again please. Post a clear screenshot of the bouquets.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast