Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: [Zgemma H8] CEC Support?

Title
    Thanks

Question [Zgemma H8] CEC Support?

I had been thinking about one of these for a bedroom box but noticed on a review from another site (well known Spanish site) that the reviewer said CEC was not available.

I was surprised since OpenVix clearly supports it as do most modern HDMI interfaces. Can anyone reliably confirm or deny this?

Thanks
    Last edited by robbieb43; 05-05-23 at 15:12.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Yes Vix supports it as long as the manufacturer's drivers for the box work properly.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

robbieb43 (12-05-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Yes and I think the otherwise silence on this thread answers my question. Shame as it looked good value otherwise.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robbieb43 View Post
    Yes and I think the otherwise silence on this thread answers my question. Shame as it looked good value otherwise.
    I have the box, but can not test HDMI-CEC as I use multiple HDMI switches, so it just can't work (well atleast not without causing massive confusion with my setup).

However I asked a friend of mine that also has the box and he says that HDMI-CEC works fine for him on his Sony Bravia tv.

But as an owner of this box, I wouldn't recommend it, it's cheap but for a reason, you would be far better off spending a little extra on a better box (even if you don't actually need 4K).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

robbieb43 (13-05-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Ev0 that is very interesting to hear. It was the compact size that initially attracted me and I have been pleased with both my Zgemma H7S’s. Disappointing support on my Edision made me eliminate them. Perhaps the Octagon SF 8008 may be a better choice despite the form factor.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robbieb43 View Post
    Thanks Ev0 that is very interesting to hear. It was the compact size that initially attracted me and I have been pleased with both my Zgemma H7S’s. Disappointing support on my Edision made me eliminate them. Perhaps the Octagon SF 8008 may be a better choice despite the form factor.
    The H11s is a better choice than the H8.2H (same dimensions, but far better cpu and more ram), but yes the Octagon SF8008 is the better box to go for, especially if you need the combo tuner.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

robbieb43 (14-05-23)