Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Youtube Kodi and Fire Stick ... and HDMI socket ...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Youtube Kodi and Fire Stick ... and HDMI socket ...

Hello
    One of my main reason I purchased Gigablue UHD Quad 4k was to have Kodi for Youtube, but we all know it is rubbish or not working.
    (I mostly use YouTube to learn 'various subjects')

I tried again after not using it for 4 months and the usual problem appears as per many others, Enigma 2 shift blame to Kodi, Kodi shift it back - never mind that - I get it.

At this point and after I wasted so much time trying, I uninstalled kodi app.

I was thinking to get Fire Stick - Just for YouTube and obviously forced to login as per normal user, rather than API .... you know what.

My problem is, I have all HDMI on my TV fully used - I had one spare, but it is now used by my Grandson... long story.

Question;
    Is it possible to connect Fire Stick via Gigablue HDMI input and go 'through it' ?
    i.e. not obviously using Gigablue Satellite receiver, just using it as a go-through?

That would be great? I suppose, one has to keep Gigablue on as well, unless it has a real go-through.

Thank you Experts
    M

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundosat View Post
    Hello
    One of my main reason I purchased Gigablue UHD Quad 4k was to have Kodi for Youtube, but we all know it is rubbish or not working.

I tried again after not using it for 4 months and the usual problem appears as per many others, Enigma 2 shift blame to Kodi, Kodi shift it back - never mind that - I get it.

I was thinking to get Fire Stick - Just for YouTube and obviously forced to login as per normal user, rather than API .... you know what.

My problem is, I have all HDMI on my TV fully used - I had one spare, but it is now used by my Grandson... long story.

Question;
    Is it possible to connect Fire Stick via Gigablue HDMI input and go 'through it' ?
    i.e. not obviously using Gigablue Satellite receiver, just using it as a go-through?

That would be great? I suppose, one has to keep Gigablue on as well, unless it has a real go-through.

Thank you Experts
    M
    Short answer probably not unless

i) You stick a HDMI switch/splitter between the Firestick and HDMI on the box that can remove the High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP)

ii) The HDMI on your box may have limited functionality. Maybe only supports mono/stereo audio but not surround encoding etc. On my Xtrend box the HDMI input was usable but limited.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundosat View Post
    Hello

Question;

Thank you Experts
    M
    What about youtube plugin?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Tvs never have enough ports ,if you had an amp it could use , + hdmi switches which can add more inputs to use if needed

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    What about youtube plugin?
    +1 on that - the YouTube plugin works very well on my GB Quad Plus.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (06-05-23)