Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Probleem met kanaal zoeken

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, thank you. But what is a better solution? I have some of these LNB's (see picture).
    What do you advise me? To continue with the Unicable LNB and make the changes you have suggested or put the old 'Black' LNB?

2023-05-04 17.18.37.jpg

BTW Sorry that I thought it was a Universal LNB that was mounted.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    No need to be sorry. Golden rule of tuner configuration is that it must match hardware. Finding out the LNB type is important. Well done and thankyou for getting a pciture.

Why did you remove the old LNB?
    What other LNBs do you have installed?
    What is the complete setup?

From what I can see, the old one is the narrow one that allows closer fitting. It is universal. As you have fitted the wider/standard one, that is not an issue.

If you are going to add 13e to a diseqc switch, you will need a universal one. There is a thread on another forum about using diseqc switches with unicable LNBs, I obviously can't post a link to other forums otherwise I will get an infraction. If you are not going to use a diseqc switch I would keep the unicable one. The test I was going to suggest will/should allow you to configure both tuners for 13e. But let's not confuse things, one step at a time

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

edsel (04-05-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for your explanation. Then I will continue with this LNB until I need a diseqc swith.
    I have not yet changed the changes in the unicable file but just made a scan with Unicable - Inverto and it has already given 730 free channels!
    After changing the unicable file it will give all the channels.

You asked about the other LNB's, for some years ago I had an other receiver and used these LNB's for different satellites. The equipment was old and had problems and I bought a new receiver, the Solo2, but it has stayed in the package for several years. Until for some weeks ago when I got help with adjusting the parabole and a new LNB. The fact that my neighbours (in south direction) have cut som really high trees has helped me in that decision.

Thank you very much both, @abu baniaz and @Joe_90! I have learned a lot and the results are that the satellite receiver now works.
    Great with such a help!

You will meet me more on this forum.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edsel For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (04-05-23),Joe_90 (04-05-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Compare with your neighbours/friends nearby and see how many services they get. They must scan using same parameters as you. If there is a massive difference, you may need to tweak the dish.

Changing the xml file won't make a real difference. The only possible difference is the boot up time. Basically, the receiver sends a request before the LNB wakes up. You can modify that (by improving boot time), restart and scan again. The file should be in /etc/tuxbox. Or install satellite equipment control plugin which will allow you to alter the delay.

Can you now configure tuner A. The options/settings will be similar to what you have set for B.
    However, Tuner A does not have its own signal wire, you are going through another tuner. So set connected to yes. You are going through tuner A, so that is the one it is connected to. If it does not show these, then no problem. You should then be able to use both tuners independently. This is why I always stress Unicable technology and FBC technologies are independent.

Title
    Thanks
    I connect the cable to tuner B, but do I not set 'internal loop through' for tuner A?

Title
    Thanks
    I did not say to use loop-through after we established it is a unicable LNB. I said: "The options/settings will be similar to what you have set for B." Just to clarify, set tuner A (which has no signal wire) as:
    Advanced, unicable LNB, connected = yes, connected to Tuner B

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Use same settings as:
    Inverto
    IDLU-24UL40-UNMOO-OPP

It has following bands that match your LNB
    <product name="IDLU-24UL40-UNMOO-OPP" positions="4" format="jess" bootuptime="800" scrs="1210,1420,1680,2040,1005,1050,1095,1140,1260 ,1305,1350,1475,1520,1565,1610,1725,1770,1815,1860 ,1905,1950,1995,2085,2130"/>

We will add the device to the unicable file later, but that is not too important. Receiver just needs to know what frequency to communicate with LNB.

Edit: Please hook up wire to Tuner B and configure that tuner only.
    Leave tuner A as not configured for now. I have a test for you to do after we have you working fine.
    @abu baniaz
    I can't find this file.
    In /etc/tuxbox I have only the files
    atsc.xml
    cables.xml
    satellites.xml
    terrestrial.xml
    timezone.xml

In none of these files I can find "Inverto".
    What should the filename be?

Title
    Thanks
    My apologies, the unicable.xml file is in
    /usr/share/enigma2

There are two sections, one for switches and one for LNBs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

edsel (06-05-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    My apologies, the unicable.xml file is in
    /usr/share/enigma2

There are two sections, one for switches and one for LNBs.
    No problem. Thank you!

Title
    Thanks
    On second thoughts , it is a better match to the Megasat diablo because it is not progammable and also has the longer boot time. So easiest option is to just do that.

I have added the LNB here:
    Code:
    https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/15e9047fb11e29e561c16472668cfabab635f010
    You can download updated file it by right click, saving as.
    Code:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenViX/enigma2/15e9047fb11e29e561c16472668cfabab635f010/data/unicable.xml

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

edsel (08-05-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you! I have now copied the file and it scans a bigger number of channels than before.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to edsel For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (09-05-23)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123