Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Receiver just for sat + DTT DVB-T recording?

Title
    Thanks

Receiver just for sat + DTT DVB-T recording?

Hi I was trying to figure out an inexpensive system for preserving archives of a satellite channel and also 2 DTT channels over DVB-T with MPEG-4.
    I think I need a STT with single satellite tuner and 2 DVB-T tuners (not the UK DVB-T2) because the particular channels are on different multiplexes.
    I saw on here that openvix boxes are really popular and a lot of people recommend adding USB tuners like the xbox tv tuner, but I thought that might be very unreliable for drivers and instability. I'm not really sure if that's the case.

Are there any pointers for some inexpensive hardware I can script or configure to trigger these recordings? I thought a nice dedicated STT would be the most stable.

I won't be connecting this box to a TV.

Any pointers would be very appreciated!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gigfile View Post
    Hi I was trying to figure out an inexpensive system for preserving archives of a satellite channel and also 2 DTT channels over DVB-T with MPEG-4.
    I think I need a STT with single satellite tuner and 2 DVB-T tuners (not the UK DVB-T2) because the particular channels are on different multiplexes.
    I saw on here that openvix boxes are really popular and a lot of people recommend adding USB tuners like the xbox tv tuner, but I thought that might be very unreliable for drivers and instability. I'm not really sure if that's the case.

Are there any pointers for some inexpensive hardware I can script or configure to trigger these recordings? I thought a nice dedicated STT would be the most stable.

I won't be connecting this box to a TV.

Any pointers would be very appreciated!
    DVB T2 tuners are also DVB-T tuners - they do both.
    Add a hard disk to a Enigma 2 box and run Openvix and you have a PVR which can record from all tuners at the same time. You can set timers using Openvix.

You can also record to a network drive

https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/openvix-features-2/

One box that meets your need from the site sponsor. Two terrestrial tuners DVB T and DVB T2 and one satellite tuner.
    Note in the UK some standard definition channels are actually carried on a 2 MUX

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...ers/zgemma-h7c

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...rial-receivers

You may want to connect to a tv to see the menu system, set timers, check that the box is operating correctly.
    Last edited by adm; 09-04-23 at 22:37.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Zgemma H7C would have been ideal but there is no stock at the moment. Really would be best to send an email to World-of-Satellite with your requirements and they can recommend something suitable.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!