Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: What would you do?

Title
    Thanks

What would you do?

I would welcome people's thoughts on the following.

I currently have a motorised system linked to an os mini receiver that i use for general sat scanning and an use it to set up boxes wth foreign stations

I also have a zgemma h9 combo (sat and terrestrial) that is the main box for watching and recording. (there is actually two feeds coming in from a fixed dish pointing to 28.2 but only one sat cable is plugged into Zgemma)

i'm thinking of consolidating onto one box, presumably i would need a Vu+ Duo 4k SE with satelltie tuner in one slot and a dvb-t tuner in second slot.
    I don't think there are much other options around. I know it's expensive, over £400 but is the box still the best-of-the-best considering its about 3 years old now?

I have a few options:
    1. replace z9 combo with VU so have two sat feeds wih freeview going in
    2. use z9 combo for motor or sell z9 and keep osmini although that is only full HD and not 4k
    3. Do nothing and leave as-is

Thoughts welcome, please

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Yes, Duo 4k SE will do it if you don't mind spending the money.

One socket for the motorised dish and the other for 28.2E. To get the most from the Duo 4k tuner you will need to change the LNB on the 28.2E dish to Unicable.
    And a twin DVB-T2 tuner in the spare slot for your terrestrial needs.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

danlou (02-04-23),deltec (02-04-23)