Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vu+ Solo2 - Wont change bouquet

Title
    Thanks
    Yeh I agree cactikid the Solo2 is a great piece of kit. I tried flashing before I did the restore on it to try and see if that would change anything. As it had sat for years and never had newer software on I decided to do this Saturday, I think it was Monday it stopped working so I could not see it being that but had to try everything I could as logically there was no reason for it to fail.

Sorry bmitie I did not explain too well in my first post , I have had the box for ages and set it up. I am a VB / Delphi programmer and was an IT Repair technician (And arcade repair technician) for many years so I have a reasonable understanding of how it all works. Never done anything with Linux stuff though, Never got round to it.

Thanks for your reply abu baniaz, I found E-Channeliser many years ago when I first had the box and just stuck with it as I could not find where to change the settings to what I needed. I need box as simple as possible (So the wife can use it) and to customise the Bouquets to allow me to add IPTV with EPG. I never delete bouquets just edit and hide. When I get time I will dig into this further to see how this is coded to get a better understanding of how things work. I will look at the ABM stuff when I get my new shiny Vu+ tommorow (Thursday). I have just noticed that the instruction in PDF you attached reccomends using e-channeliser ?? :-

channel.JPG

I have read that I dont need the Unicable LNB and I can use my sky ones as normal (I hope). I cant afford the Unicode LMB yet but with certainly be purchasing in a few months.

I am strongly thinking there may be an issue with the remote but not 100% , I may buy 1 just out of the fact I need to know why its not working ! lol

Thanks all for your input.

Dave.

P.S also noticed that there is not many English reviews for the VU+ on youtube or help videos. I always like these as gives you some good tips and incites !
    Last edited by TheRealDaddy; 29-03-23 at 09:42.

Title
    Thanks
    So the 'Repacement' Has arrived and wow its awsome !!! Setup in 10 minutes , Used E-Channeliser to sort my channles out and all working perfect. Again I use the forward and backward to go between my Bouquets.

I have ordered a remote for the Solo2 as I am convinced its that, WIll let you know.

Big thanks to world of satalite for the great servcie - Order arrived next day.

Dave.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealDaddy For This Useful Post:

cactikid (01-04-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You could also use the Solo2 when you have it up and running in another room with no sat feeds and using the Hdmi and lan feed and use the box in client mode and use a tuner on the new box to stream to.?

Title
    Thanks
    Yeh I was thinking about that , May put a new HDD in it and leave it donestairs and the daughter can use it through Kodi (I have my nas box with everything on so kill 2 birds). I didnt realise you could use it in another room without sat feeds , How do you mary the 2 up ?? Is there instructions anywhere ??

Dave.

P.S As an added bonus the sky box died last night !! Damn things sound was on and off and box getting hot , Restarted and lost video & audio. SPoke to engineer (Who was very helpfull) and after a few reset we got video back but no audio. Only got 3 weeks of contract as it ends on the 25th but he said I was paying at the minute so he will send an engineer out next Froday. They will replace the box for like 2 weeks , Unsure if its worth it but hey if they insist.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    On your solo2 go into Tuner settings and look for Fallback Configuration and enter your other box ip in here when you enable it.

It works best on a multi tuner box as it takes one tuner off that box for a connection

4 Tuner box would allow 3 tuners to work as its other tuner will be used on the Solo2.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    @TheRealDaddy
    What is the new box you have? I would not use fallback tuner if your receiver has no signal input of its own. Maybe client mode or Remote channel stream converter

P.S
    I will be moving this thread from downloads/changelogs

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @Abu i thought it was Client mode but it is not there and only Fallback tuner is listed

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    It is there my friend. Look at bottom of screen.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

cactikid (02-04-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ah yes and now i see it on the tuner page. Cheers better eyesight rules the day.

Title
    Thanks
    WIll look , Thanks guys.

P.S Whats the best EPG to use ?? I am using the EPG-Downloader one.

Dave.
    Last edited by TheRealDaddy; 02-04-23 at 20:45.

Title
    Thanks
    Just to confirm the issue is the Remote control !!! Damn thing !!!!

Posted this as it may help someone else in the future.

Dave.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealDaddy For This Useful Post:

cactikid (07-04-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I had to open up 2 remotes with issues a Vu Zero with a faulty on/off button and told to give it a clean and now working.

Panasonic remote Duracell batteries leaked again and had to open it up to clean the residue out for my Blu Ray as no signal looking at it on my camera.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    I had to open up 2 remotes with issues a Vu Zero with a faulty on/off button and told to give it a clean and now working.

Panasonic remote Duracell batteries leaked again and had to open it up to clean the residue out for my Blu Ray as no signal looking at it on my camera.
    Duracell batteries are not the quality they once were and will leak, often before they get to the end of their life. When mentioning this on other groups I read many people confirmed this was their experience and even pound shop unbranded batteries were lasting longer without leaking. I first noticed this change in quality with Duracell Procell/Industrial batteries around 4 years ago but also in the past few years with Duracell batteries readily available in supermarkets. Unfortunately it's often 6+ months later after fitting the batteries in equipment that you find the problem.

As for the remote, its common for them to stop fully working. Prising open the plastic case, dismantling and washing EVERTHING under a cold running tap and then letting everything dry before re-assembly will usually get them working again. Dry first on a paper towel and then place the component parts is a warm place for many hours will get them dry. It's often gunge/oil from your hands that over many years of use gets between the keyboard membrane and the PCB that causes the failures - and this can be washed off.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (07-04-23),cactikid (07-04-23),deltec (09-04-23),nekrub2 (07-04-23)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12