Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Newbie questions re Astra1 and Astra2 twin satellite config

Title
    Thanks

Question Newbie questions re Astra1 and Astra2 twin satellite config

Hi

Apologies for the complete newbie questions here, hopefully someone can help.

I bought a Gigablue UHD Quad 4K UHD with the additional twin satellite tuner.
    I have Astra1 and Astra2 satellites, with two cables from each into my living room.

Currently I have just one cable from each satellite connected to tuner A and B.
    Tuner A is set to Simple configuation mode, Single mode and 28.2E Astra2E/2F/2G
    Tuner B is set to Simple configuation mode, Single mode and 19.2E Ka-band Astra 1KKR/1L/IM/1N

The other cable from each satellite is currently connected to my TV via DisEqC switch, while I set up my Gigablue.

With the above config, when I scan for channels I am not finding any channels on tuner B (Astra1), only channels on tuner A.
    So obviously something is not right with my config.
    What do I need to change?

Ultimately I want to connect both cables from each satellite to my Gigablue.
    Is it best to connect the cables from 1 satellite to tuners A & B, and the other cables to tuners I and J, or connect 1 cable from each satellite to tuner A/B and 1 cable to tuner I/J?

Assuming all the above, what configuration should I use for tuners C to H?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 883 Posts
    Tuner B - Ka band??? Should be Ku band.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (20-03-23),AndyDavidson (20-03-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    As per Joe/90's post, you have made the Ka/Ku error. Once you correct that, it will work. The way I remember it is do you like a Ford Ka? You do not have Unicable LNBs. On your FBC tuner card/unit/module, tuners C-H should therefore be left FBC Automatic. This is internal loop-through when required (We have bug that is declared fixed when FBC tuners are used with universal LNBs).

Apart from the extra cabling, it does not matter whether you use the diseqc switches or not. Important thing is tuner configuration must match the hardware. So if wires is direct, simple single, name of of satellite. If via diseqc switch, simple, diseqc a/b, populate ports to match wiring.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

AndyDavidson (20-03-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, that did the trick, my fault for stopping at the first Astra 19.2E setting in the config menu.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replay and for the clarifications, v helpful.