Hi,
It's been a while since I logged into the forum because my Vu+ Solo2 has been rock solid working fine for years.

Evidential circumstances would suggest I have some sort of hardware failure, be it LNB, Receiver or cabling.

This morning I woke up to a tune failed in auto bouquet maker (which is auto scheduled to scan at 3am).

I still seemed to have my channels at that point.

ABM seemed to be using Frequency 11778 MHz on Tuner B.
I swapped cables between A & B and it didn't seem to make any difference and BBC One (the channel I was on) still got a signal on both cables.
I tried Signal Test and checked that frequency on both Tuner A & B and there doesn't appear to be anything there.

I made the mistake of test automatic scan and whilst that went through and seemed to find a lot of channels, now my Bouquets are all messed up and now if I try to run ABM, the box keeps crashing and rebooting.

After writing this message out and thinking about it, I am leaning towards a LNB partial failing or alignment issue.

One final bit of evidence, I did lose all signal when we had the snow and I had to go up and clear snow off the dish and LNB arm.
I was careful not to move anything and it just needed a light brush off but I am going to go back up on the roof to check in the next hour or so to check things out.