Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Softcam Manager max softcam name length

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments

Thread: Softcam Manager max softcam name length

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

Softcam Manager max softcam name length

Hi,

I've been having stability issues with my HD51 locking up and wrongly assumed it was the PSU now I've done a bit of digging it could be my own stupidity

It seems it's firing up loads of oscam instances.

I noticed with the version I was using I'd been renaming them so I could keep track of what works, what doesn't etc, and my softcam was 16 chars in length.

It was autostarting ok, but I was ending up with hundreds of instances (I think it launches a new one every 6 mins if it thinks it's locked up?) and eventually it was bringing the box down with lack of resources.

In the GUI I noticed the active softcam name was truncated to 15 chars (oscam-v9-workin) which is the same as I see when running top.

IE the name I was using was oscam-v9-working and in Softcam Manager it shows oscam-v9-workin

When running ps -auxf I see the fullname and many instances of it similar to the following (but many more):

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.56.48.jpg

I've gone back to stock oscam-latest for now and so far it's behaving again.

I've now renamed the other softcam binary from oscam-v9-working to oscam-v9-works and so far just the one instance (although it's only been up for 25 mins to I need to leave it a few days now).

It may be I've triggered a bug there with having softcam with a name having a length of 16 chars or more?
    Last edited by aido; 15-03-23 at 13:18.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aido For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (15-03-23)