Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blank screens

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Blank screens

I have a strange problem with blank screens.

1. Changing from one satellite to another goives me blank screens.
    2. After a few seconds, message about 'no sid in pat', or words to that effect.
    3. Channels are there because a reboot will then show all channels.
    3. This seems to happen more times when a recording is being made on the satellite I am switching to.
    4. I am using Skin Ten Eighty. Tried other skins, no difference.

Log attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Has nobody (experts?) any ideas on this one?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    This point is giving a clue to your issue:

3. This seems to happen more times when a recording is being made on the satellite I am switching to.
    If you are switching to that satellite and theres a recording going on and the LNB is a Single output, unless you are switching to a channel on the same transponder you will get a black screen as the LNB will be locked to that transponder due to the recording.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    When switching to 28.0 this when I get mostly the blank screens. This has never happened before as the LNB is an Inverto FBC. When going back to 13.0 I also get most channels as blank. I have had no trouble with the Ultimo I had but since 'upgrading' to the Duo 4k this is when the problems arose. It has been suggested by the dealar (WOS)
    that it could be the LNB's are failing. Both at once?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sandiego69 View Post
    When switching to 28.0 this when I get mostly the blank screens. This has never happened before as the LNB is an Inverto FBC. When going back to 13.0 I also get most channels as blank. I have had no trouble with the Ultimo I had but since 'upgrading' to the Duo 4k this is when the problems arose. It has been suggested by the dealar (WOS)
    are you running with a fixed dish or some motor setup??
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Wondering with all the movement of channels on 28.2 might your channels need updating ?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    What exactly are all your tuner settings? Also which exact Inverto LNB do you have?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    are you running with a fixed dish or some motor setup??
    Fixed dish feeding 28.0 is an Inverto 52780 monocavo II Quattro LNB, a few months old.

Motorised dish NOT including 28.0 is an Inverto IDLB-TWNL40-ULTRA-OPP Twin LNB 40mm 0,2dB Black Ultra, about three years old.

I must stress that my setup has worked perfectly with a Ultimo 4k but with this new Duo 4k SE the problems started.

Is the problem, as suggested by the WOS dealer, a failing LNB?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The tuner setup is, and always has been as the post by 'shortheath', Unicable II, Inverto IDLU-32UL40-UNB00-0PP, FBC tuners

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Fixed dish feeding 28.0 is an Inverto 52780 monocavo II Quattro LNB, a few months old.

Motorised dish NOT including 28.0 is an Inverto IDLB-TWNL40-ULTRA-OPP Twin LNB 40mm 0,2dB Black Ultra, about three years old.

I must stress that my setup has worked perfectly with a Ultimo 4k but with this new Duo 4k SE the problems started.

Is the problem, as suggested by the WOS dealer, a failing LNB?
    You are saying the Quattro LNB is feeding the receiver directly?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry to confuse. The fixed LNB is in fact an Inverto IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Just for clarification - When you say Quattro LNB, do you mean Quattro or Quad? A quattro LNB has four separate outputs (Vertical High, Vertical Low, Horizontal High, Horizontal Low) which would typically feed a multiswitch to distribute signals to multiple receivers.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This FBC LNB is a single output..............Inverto IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Please post screenshots of each of your tuner settings, you can grab screenshot from the webinterface. Open a browser and enter the box IP.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    This FBC LNB is a single output..............Inverto IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP
    On the fixed dish pointing at 28.2 - right?
    How is the motorised dish connected and what LNB is it using. Diagrams of your cabling setup would be helpful in matching the screen shots of your tuner settings as requested by @Sicilian
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast