Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Radio channels aren't being recorded - filesize zero

Title
    Thanks

Question Radio channels aren't being recorded - filesize zero

LBC is being recorded every day at 4am but for some reason these radio channels aren't:

20230314 0400 - BBC WS - xRadiox - BBC World Service
    20230314 0400 - BBC R2 - xRadiox - BBC R2
    20230314 0400 - BBC R1X - xRadiox - BBC R1X
    20230314 0400 - BBC R1 - xRadiox - BBC R1

I tried resetting the timers by picking the channels that are actually working fine when watching them live yet it's not recording those channels anymore. The filesize of the above recordings is zero.

Nothing except the above radio channels are recording at the same time as each other so it can't be a lack of tuners issue. Tried restarting the box but it didn't help.

I have a twin-FBC S2X tuner card on a standard LNB setup like this:
    A= Simple, single, 28.2
    B = Simple, single, 28.2
    I = Simple, single, 28.2
    J = Simple, single, 28.2

Please help. Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Here the debug log: Enigma2_debug_2023-03-15_03-55-05 = Mar 15.log

Forgot to mention it before but all the other 12 tuners are on FBC Automatic
    Last edited by SkyFan; 15-03-23 at 06:29.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Are these recordings set with the new/current service references or the ones before the reshuffling? As with the other threads you have raised for similar issues, it would be better for you to provide the transponder details. That being said, Vix/ATV have a bug with FBC and Universal LNBs.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My mistake sorry
    Last edited by deltec; 15-03-23 at 15:23.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Are these recordings set with the new/current service references or the ones before the reshuffling? As with the other threads you have raised for similar issues, it would be better for you to provide the transponder details. That being said, Vix/ATV have a bug with FBC and Universal LNBs.
    Could you please let me know how to do that as I messed it up last time when trying to give you that info.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Just look at the screen, it tells you the details. (Provided you use a skin that shows it.)
    channel list transponder.jpg

It is also worth pointing out the following:
    The timers are based on service references. The service references are listed in lamedb file. If you look at timers.xml located in /etc/enigma2, it will have a section such as serviceref="1:0:19:F58:7E9:2:11A0000:0:0:0:"
    Auto timers do not set recordings, they create timers which then set recordings. You will get people who dispute this, but you are free to accept whatever you want.
    You cannot manually make changes to this file while the system is running.

ABM does not remove dead channels from the lamedb file. If a channel moves transponder, the dead channel details will still be in lamedb. In enigma2 scans, "clear before scan" only removes the the channels on the transponders being scanned. So if a dead channel is not on a transponder that that is scanned, it will remain in the system. The way I go about doing this is that I remove the satellite and then run ABM. [Up (next to OK) > Green (satellites) > Highlight 28.2 > Menu > Remove selected satellite > Confirm > Restart] This is what I do once in a while or when I am checking the picons.

Now back to how this may affect you, if the service reference for the channel has changed i.e it is on a different transponder, your timers may not match. As you are recording more ore less 24 hours, you will have to find a method that works for you to check these and make changes if required.