Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Multiboot Selector

Title
    Thanks

Multiboot Selector

On Octagon sf8008, have installed OpenVix-6.3.003 in Flash Slot 3. Tried to boot to another installed Image via Multiboot Selector. This caused an instant crash as per attached file. I have other Images installed in Flash and also in Multiboot and have no problem with Multiboot Selector. Any ideas please?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Octagon sf8008 combo Vuplus Solo2 DM800

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satfoot View Post
    On Octagon sf8008, have installed OpenVix-6.3.003 in Flash Slot 3. Tried to boot to another installed Image via Multiboot Selector. This caused an instant crash as per attached file. I have other Images installed in Flash and also in Multiboot and have no problem with Multiboot Selector. Any ideas please?
    Which images do you have loaded??
    If so can you use putty and filezilla and copy attachment to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools with filezilla. I would use putty first to stop the image (init 4 space between t & 4) and then restart after the copy (init 3 space between t and 3)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Chris2384 (08-03-23)

Title
    Thanks
    In Flash Slot 1, I have Openeight_6.8_emmc and other images on a micro sdcard. Tried this but got another crash as per attached.

Title
    Thanks
    Update:- I looked at the crash log and on lines 269 and 274 there is reference to the sdcard. So I decided to remove it and restart GUI. The Multiboot Selector worked straight away, obviously only showing the 4 Flash Slots. Then I re-inserted the sdcard and again the Multiboot Selector failed.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satfoot View Post
    Update:- I looked at the crash log and on lines 269 and 274 there is reference to the sdcard. So I decided to remove it and restart GUI. The Multiboot Selector worked straight away, obviously only showing the 4 Flash Slots. Then I re-inserted the sdcard and again the Multiboot Selector failed.
    hopefully this attachment will fix .....not sure why OpenEight does this ... should be fine with BoxInfo
    Assuming this works like to know what you see in the MultiBootSelector for these images
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

7. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Chris2384 (08-03-23)

Title
    Thanks
    This time SPOT ON......thank you very much for your help.