Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: ViX 6.3.003 bogs my box down

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ViX 6.3.003 bogs my box down

Title
    Thanks

Question ViX 6.3.003 bogs my box down

Tried to couch flash the version 6.3.003, but the TV picture freezes on every channel and the box becomes very sluggish. When I try to couch flash back to the previous version, the box stops at the backup manager at the very beginning and won’t start the flash at all.
    Had to finally flash 6.3.002 from a USB stick.
    Last edited by Micci; 05-03-23 at 00:00.
    Vu+ Duo 4K SE

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    No one else has this problem and it has been heavily tested on the Vu+ Duo4k SE. So if you want help you are going to need to provide us with debug logs. Most likely you had a background process running.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    I'm afraid I don't know how to get any logs. And besides, I've already flashed back to .002. Another Duo 4K SE owner on a Finnish forum said 6.3.003 stopped his CI+ from working (His Ultimo 4K was working fine on 6.3.003, though). Admittedly my channels freezing looked just like the CI+ stopped working, but it did this on FTA channels as well.

After I flashed back to .002, I had to pull the CI+ module out and push it back in again before any scrambled channels started working.
    Last edited by Micci; 05-03-23 at 11:22.
    Vu+ Duo 4K SE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Micci View Post
    I'm afraid I don't know how to get any logs. And besides, I've already flashed back to .002. Another Duo 4K SE owner on a Finnish forum said 6.3.003 stopped his CI+ from working (His Ultimo 4K was working fine on 6.3.003, though). Admittedly my channels freezing looked just like the CI+ stopped working, but it did this on FTA channels as well.

After I flashed back to .002, I had to pull the CI+ module out and push it back in again before any scrambled channels started working.
    This is true. I first made coachflas with 003. Then fresh flash with usb-stick without restore. CI+ is not working.
    I had ViX 5.4 016 with Openmultiboot and there CI+ was working.
    In my Ultimo4K no problem with 003/CI+.
    Obviously something wrong in VU+ Duo4K SE image 6.3 003.
    Last edited by tappari; 05-03-23 at 11:34.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tappari For This Useful Post:

Micci (05-03-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This is the adapter
    CIadapter.jpg

Works fine now with 6.3 002 image.
    Last edited by tappari; 05-03-23 at 11:49.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Can you guys check FCC plugin is showing in tuner menu on Duo 4K SE

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tappari View Post
    This is true. I first made coachflas with 003. Then fresh flash with usb-stick without restore. CI+ is not working.
    I had ViX 5.4 016 with Openmultiboot and there CI+ was working.
    In my Ultimo4K no problem with 003/CI+.
    Obviously something wrong in VU+ Duo4K SE image 6.3 003.
    So he says FTA channels freeze. Can you check this out. And check again with CI module removed.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Can you guys check FCC plugin is showing in tuner menu on Duo 4K SE
    Do you mean Fast Channel Change? Yes, that menu item is there on my .002. Suppose it's also there on .003 if I flash it and then drop in my settings backup.
    Never used it though. Didn't even know it was a plugin. I've never installed such a plugin.

Will have to do any testing some other time when the family doesn't need to watch TV.
    Vu+ Duo 4K SE

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Originally this was tested by Orlandox on Ultimo4k and says it works ok on finnish channels.

Title
    Thanks
    Tried now to remove the FCC plugin prior to flashing to 6.3.003, so the plugin wasn’t in my plugins list in the backup file. There were some strange screens with german text flashing by a couple of times while restoring the settings backup. These screens were there when I flashed .003 the last time as well. Otherwise the 1st bootup sequence seemed normal.

The TV channels started freezing as soon as the box booted up again. Yes, the FTA channels too. Removed the CI+ module, and the FTA channels started working fine (but of course I could not view any paid channels). Reinserted the CI+ module and the freezing resumed.
    The Common Interface menu says ”no module found” while the channels are frozen. When it says ”Conax CA” the channels work fine.

The picture freezes every 10-20 seconds or so and stays frozen for 5 seconds and up. And while this happens, the text in the Common interface menu changes between ”no module found” and ”Conax CA”.

Flashed back to .002. The mrs needed to watch the news.
    Last edited by Micci; 05-03-23 at 20:25.
    Vu+ Duo 4K SE

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Just for info with 6.3.003 you can use vu+ multiboot

Activate it in standby/restart then image manager flash 6.3.003 into slot 1 then your backup into slot 2

This way you can easily boot images as and when needed

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Originally this was tested by Orlandox on Ultimo4k and says it works ok on finnish channels.
    It also works in my Ultimo4K but not in my Duo4K SE on finnish paytv channels when CI+ is needed. I have not yet tested it in my Uno4K SE.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tappari For This Useful Post:

twol (06-03-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tappari View Post
    It also works in my Ultimo4K but not in my Duo4K SE on finnish paytv channels when CI+ is needed. I have not yet tested it in my Uno4K SE.
    Thats really interesting ..positive result on Uno4k would indicate issue with Duo4K drivers? - learned recently has issues with usb 3 connection.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Thats really interesting ..positive result on Uno4k would indicate issue with Duo4K drivers? - learned recently has issues with usb 3 connection.
    I just made flash to Uno4K SE with settings and plugins restore.
    Ci+ authentication was quite slow, but it works. So no problem with 6.3 003.
    I think with Duo4K SE problem is, that it did not make proper CI+ authentication.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    I've just done a complete new flash and setup on Duo 4K SE. Tested with two CI+ Cam types and two card types, no issues at all with CI+. My 4K Tivusat card even updated itself as new use in a while. Also tested with fast channel change on and off, no issues.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast