Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How to change subtitle font size?

Title
    Thanks

How to change subtitle font size?

My wife is getting hard of hearing and seeing so I want to make the subtitles bigger.

I went into Setup->User Interface->Subtitles and changed the size from 40 to 80.

But nothing happened. I tried a restart to no avail.

Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Title
    Thanks
    Did you press green to save the new setting? And that image is as old as methusaleh but if it works stick with it.

Title
    Thanks
    I did press green, yes. I just tried setting it to 100 and pressing green - no difference.

I know the image is old but the fallout from anything going wrong during an update would be horrendous.....

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You can adjust the font size for the TXT-subtitle only --> Subtitles. If TXT subtitle is available then select that. Font size for DVB-subtitle can not be adjusted. Also you need to unselect 'Prefer graphical DVB subtitles' --> Automatic Language.

Font size 80.jpg

Font size = 80

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    On the latest image you can change subtitle size on teletext subtitles but it does not have any affect on DVB subtitles. You are not going to get much assistance on such an old image
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Probably off topic for this section but the box died overnight. Must have heard me threatening an upgrade. The power supply is OK but nothing lights up and I can't find a fuse on the board.

What I would like is an OpenVIX box with three or more terrestrial tuners. Doesn't need to be 4K.

I would consider satellite if there was no alternative - currently we have no dish.