Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Help needed Solo 4K will not boot

Title
    Thanks

Help needed Solo 4K will not boot

Hi,

I need some help my box will no longer boot and I think my hard drive has failed.

Yesterday I was trying to tidy up my channel lists and remove old unwanted bouquets. I used the below through putty and rebooted the box and now it wont boot.

Code:
    init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -f /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.radio  && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.del &&  init 3
    I could still access the box through FTP and SSH and was able to pull off the last image backup I'd taken and I tried to flash from USB. I've tried 2 USB sticks and neither worked and I think turning it on and off constantly has killed the harddrive.

With hard drive in the screen sits on a blue VU+ logo and does not move, if I remove the hard drive it gets to the OpenVix background but keeps looping.

I've attached a crash log from the box can anyone help or tell me what they need to help.

I can still access FTP and Putty.

Enigma2_crash_2023-02-27_12-42-35.log

Thanks,
    Vu+ Solo 4k
    45.0W - 52.5E
    OLED55C6V

Title
    Thanks
    I'm back in, took a punt and removed everything from /etc/enigma2 and copied it back in from my extracted image file and boom.

Just need to source a new hard drive now :-(
    Vu+ Solo 4k
    45.0W - 52.5E
    OLED55C6V

Title
    Thanks
    I put the hard drive back in whilst the box was up and it came online no issues.

This got me thinking when I was trying to get it back up and running yesterday I'd selected another image to boot from on the Open Multi boot screen.

I went into the plugin and made sure OpenVix was selected for next boot and restarted the box and everything came back up as expected.

All resolved.
    Vu+ Solo 4k
    45.0W - 52.5E
    OLED55C6V