Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vu Ultimo 4K - wireless connection

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    What is the encryption key for

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I’m lost with this

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It works with the wire STRANGE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deltec View Post
    What is the encryption key for
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...-Wifi-with-VIX

The encryption key is effectively the internet routers password to stop other people logging on to your router via wifi , possible from outside of your house.
    Often it is written on a label on the underside of your router, on a separate card that came with your router or if you have changed it yourself you possibly would have written it down.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It works with the wire STRANGE
    Wired is possibly the best method.
    What do you want to do with the Wi-fi? Replace the wired ethernet cable or possibly just control the box via your phone or PC.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

deltec (28-02-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I’ve had it going no pic showing it dose with the wired I’ll try a dongle it’s an old box now see if that dose it if not I’ll stick with the wire

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Direct lan connection is always better.

I dont know how many times i entered password and it would no connect.

Upper and Lower case are important or it wont connect , Double and Treble check when eyesight is poor.
    Last edited by cactikid; 28-02-23 at 21:00.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

deltec (01-03-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I’ve been doing the same as u I’ve ordered a Wi-Fi dongle see if that makes a difrence if nit ull stick with the wire conection

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You don't need a wifi dongle, the Ultimo4K has a Broadcom wireless network built in. Go to Network, Devices, Click on WLAN Connection, Scroll down to 'scan for wireless networks', give it a few moments and you should see your routers SSID in the list of available networks. Click on it, pick Use Interface and enter your routers password in the encrypted key. (You may need to check your router hasn't blocked the connection if you have it set to block all new connections).

If you have set up the LAN, it will give you a message to say there is already a connection "Do you want to replace it" (or words to that effect) Just press YES.
    Last edited by thecaretaker; 01-03-23 at 21:06.
    VU+ Duo 4K SE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You need to use the letter keys on your remote to add your password. I've just done this myself and took screenshots for you. Just follow the pictures...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg
    VU+ Duo 4K SE

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thecaretaker For This Useful Post:

deltec (02-03-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How do I unblock my router could some boday explain how I do this please

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How do I unblock my router could some boday explain how I do this please
    If you haven't set the blocking yourself then it probably isn't blocking new equipment. But.. every make/model of a router could be different as to the menu structure for various configurations.

Log into your router via the Internet browser on your computer/laptop. You will need to know the user name (often which defaults to "admin" - without the quotation marks) and the routers password which will have come with the router's documentation - in some cases it may even been defaulted to "admin". Search Google for you model of router and ask how to log in to your router.

Once you have logged into the router you should see the settings menu
    Go to the menus for Wi-Fi

Somewhere in those menus you should find an option to allow all new Wi-fi equipment or to only allow existing registered equipment which you can untick or un-select.

In those wi-fi menus/settings you should also find an entry for the encryption key. Make a note of it remembering that it is case sensitive the capital letter A is NOT the same as a lower case a. Also you should be able to see the encryption method WEP, WPA or WPA2 (Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP), Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), and Wi-Fi Protected Access Version 2 (WPA2))

I don't know you Enigma 2 box but I've found on some equipment that only works a 2.4GHz wi-fi that it doesn't find the router if the router has 5GHz wi-fi enabled. There will probably be a option in the routers wi-fi menus to turn off 5GHz wi-fi. Try turning off 5GHz wi-fi while trying to set up your Enigma2 box. Once you have connected your enigma 2 box via wi-fi turn the 5GHz wi-fi back on in the routers menus.

How far are you getting through the process of setting up the wi-fi before it is failing?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=thecaretaker;531596]You need to use the letter keys on your remote to add your password. I've just done this myself and took screenshots for you. Just follow the pictures...

Usually on Enigma2 boxes where text entry is required press the text button on the remote and you get a a virtual keyboard which is a more user friendly way of entering text

text_ex.jpg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I’ve the wifiworking ok on the box but no pic at all with the wifi

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I’ve the wifiworking ok on the box but no pic at all with the wifi
    When you say no picture with wi-fi what are you trying to get the picture on? Your phone? Your computer?

How are you attempting to connect to your box?

For instance can you see the web interface on your computer?
    Get the IP address of your box menu/information/network/IP*
    Type this IP number into the address bar of your Internet browser on your PC

If your box is only connected to your router via wi-fi (and not wired ethernet cable) and you get the web interface on your computer then the wi-fi is correctly connected to the router.
    In the web interface go a bouquet list (list of channels) and there should be some icons on the left hand side

Old Web Interface

pic1.jpg

new web interface

pic2.jpg

Click on the icon shown and you may/will get the download shown

pic3.jpg

Click on this download and the media player of your choice should open up on your computer and start displaying live TV.**

*The IP number may/will change every time you make a new wi-fi connection (such as coming out of deep standby) unless you configure your router to use the same IP number for your box every time it connects.

** You can configure your internet browser and/or windows to automatically open up a media player as soon as you click the link in either of the first 2 screen shots.

If you are trying to get a picture on your phone you need to download one of the enigma 2 apps and then connect to your box using its IP number.
    Last edited by adm; 02-03-23 at 12:45.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast