Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Vu+Duo affected by recent Freesat Changes

Title
    Thanks

Vu+Duo affected by recent Freesat Changes

I have a very old Vu+Duo box. It lost most of its Freesat channels a week or so ago (presumably changes at BBC etc). Have tried retuning several times , no joy. Next option is to do factory reset and see that works. Problem here (and excuse me for being thick) is its a long time since I "flashed" the box which presumably I will have to do when doing a factory reset. In the website There does not appear to be a Vix image for Vu+Duo , only a Duo 2 or subsequent. Has my box breathed its last , do I need to replace with more modern. Any advise welcomed please. I can't even open channel 799 which presumably would alow me to see if my box is capable of handling teh "new" signals. This upgrade to BBC and Freesat must be the least publicised and worst planned rollout of a new system in history

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Which image is on the box? Name, version and date please. You can find this out by Menu, Information, About.

You can try and build your own image, flash an image that supports your box and will therefore have latest ABM.

Or you can update your channel list without using ABM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Sparrowhawk (25-02-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, Image name is Virtuoso Image Extreme
    Vu+Duo
    Version Zeus
    Build 009
    Kernel 3.1.1
    Drivers 2014.03.10
    Last Updated 2014.03.24
    How would I find if the latest image for Vu+Duo2 is compatible with Vu+Duo - I'm fairly certain when I flashed many years ago it was with 3.0-658

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You cannot use a duo2 image on a duo. Vix no longer make images for your box owing to resource constraints. Try OpenATV or OpenPLI or any other.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Sparrowhawk (25-02-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, it looks like this one should work...fingers crossed
    openpli-8.3-release-vuduo-20230219_usb.zip