Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Can't find BBC One HD and ITV 2 HD showing as SD

Title
    Thanks

Question Can't find BBC One HD and ITV 2 HD showing as SD

On 28.2 East I can't find BBC One HD. Did a channel scan since BBC One HD disappeared from my custom bouquet but I still can't find it in the Providers list of channels or in the Example file. I can only find BBC One London HD. I was using 115 as the channel number for BBC One HD but it's now showing as BBC Three Standard Definition.

ITV 2 HD is showing as ITV 2 Standard Definition. I'm using channel number 816.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    BBC one London HD is now in HD and on position 801. If that doesn't fix it for you, you know the drill, debug log showing your ABM run. Attach your mix files.

Title
    Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    BBC one London HD is now in HD and on position 801. If that doesn't fix it for you, you know the drill, debug log showing your ABM run. Attach your mix files.
    Thanks. It's not BBC One London HD that I'm trying to get, it's BBC One HD that I want. I can see it in the Providers list of the channels but it's not in the Example file.
    The only channel I can see that's the closest to BBC One HD is "BBC One London HD" which is on channel 954 from my Example file which I can get to appear in my Custom bouquet.

Files attached. Is restarting my box the only way to get the debug log that you need as that's what I did?

sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml

EXAMPLE_hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml

Code:
    03:53:23.9584 getImageFolder           vuplus/duo4kse      
    03:53:23.9585 getImageType             release             
    03:53:23.9585 getImageVersion          5.4                 
    03:53:23.9586 getMachineBrand          Vu+                 
    03:53:23.9586 getMachineBuild          vuduo4kse
    Code:
    03:55:17.1194 [ABM-config] level:  expert
    03:55:17.1195 [ABM-config] providers:  sat_282_sky_uk:hd_border_england:149:
    03:55:17.1197 [ABM-config] keepbouquets: All
    03:55:17.1199 [ABM-config] add provider prefix:  False
    03:55:17.1200 [ABM-config] show in extensions menu:  False
    03:55:17.1202 [ABM-config] placement:  top
    03:55:17.1203 [ABM-config] skip services on non-configured satellites:  True
    03:55:17.1204 [ABM-config] show non-indexed:  False
    03:55:17.1206 [ABM-config] schedule:  True
    03:55:17.1208 [ABM-config] schedule time:  [5, 0]
    03:55:17.1211 [ABM-config] schedule days:  ['Monday', 'Tuesday', 'Wednesday', 'Thursday', 'Friday', 'Saturday', 'Sunday']
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 26-02-23 at 06:20. Reason: add code, remove debug

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If debug logs are set, you must restart the box for the setting to take effect. If you have opened filezilla before you perform an action on your box, you must refresh filezilla to see the updated contents on your box. There is a refresh button at the top (Green and yellow arrows). Refreshing Filezilla will show you the updated contents on your receiver, so a restart should not be required.

In essence, what I wanted to see was what settings your using and what image. We ask for debug log to avoid the 20 questions and for some people (not you), it is easier getting blood out of stone than getting them to tell you what options they are using.

I have removed your debug log as it had your wi-fi password included.

The BBC have converted all their regional channels to HD. For you it is on 801. The 2 national/generic BBC One HD channels, although present do not have an assigned LCN. If you want to see the BBC HD channel with message telling you to get a HD receiver and go to the Freesat website during the news, you will have to add a hack to add those channels in. You will also have to enable the not-indexed channels.

The ITV channels are on following numbers (Your example file has the HD channels on lines 362-364)

103 ITV Border Scotland
    803 ITV Border England HD
    118 ITV2
    816 ITV2 HD
    119 ITV3
    817 ITV3 HD
    120 ITV4
    818 ITV4 HD

The numbers are what the broadcaster decides. You have already updated your mix file, so should be working, maybe with a tweak needed. Please update the provider files in ABM menu to take into account the swap changes if you use that option.

Note:
    If you do decide to update your image, please be aware that for ABM built after 30 Sept 2022, the ABM custom files should go in /etc/enigma2/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom. This is so the user's custom files are backed up by all images.

Note:
    You are obtaining EPG before your channels are updated, should be other way round. If possible, best to obtain EPG after 06:00. There is no need to run ABM every day, Sky 28.2 changes are generally on Tuesday and Thursday. No benefit or harm in updating every day.