Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Channels problem

Title
    Thanks
    Hi again. TV off floor now (have ordered a 10M LAN cable to avoid having to do this again, so box not currently connected to router) and I have a whole list of channels. I have two satellite cables and one aerial.

Is there anything more I need/can to do at this stage? I am going to read the manual to try and figure out how to put together a list of favourite channels.

I also notice that the EPG function is not working for the satellite channels (as in none, or only the progamme immediately after the one I am looking at), but again I need to look at the manual.

When I turn on the box I see 3 folders > Current transponder >Terrestrial Services (off the aerial) >28.2 Astra 2E/2F/2G so when I want to watch the channels from the aerial I go in to one folder and then to watch the satellite channels I go in to that folder so I am wondering is there a way that I can combine both (which is the way it was before I updated the box)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    May I suggest that you read this thread:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...nel-navigation

Then to set up your EPG, there are several ways. But use this:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...K-epg-download

The first thread will hopefully explain why you are seeing what you are seeing. You are in orbital mode, not bouquet mode. I also recommend in ABM you set the option "add provider name to bouquets". Can you please post a picture of the providers page in ABM?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, have actually been looking at those manuals to try and figure things out, so I will do this until I get stuck, as I don't want to ask questions the answers to which are provided in the manuals and guide. IMG_20230224_204241994.jpg IMG_20230224_204401754.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    For screenshots:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...o-attach-files

In the saorview provider menu, set following to no
    HD boquet. FTA boquet, FTA HD

You don't need Sky and Freesat. Use the UK one instead of Irish version as you will get free version of channel 4 etc.
    Select London HD custom.
    Create main bouquet = no
    Enable the swap.

In Providers menu, set saorview as first one. Before you run, select the function to update provider files

After ABM runs, you will open the last select bouquet/category you used in cached mode. Change bouquets to refresh these. TV button should do it, or UP next to OK, then Blue to open boquets, select a different one to what you used last time.

Title
    Thanks
    Back again looking for help! For the past few months I have been looking at the Sky channels by selecting 28.2 Astra from the following
    1_0_19_44E_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0_20230624191716.jpg
    but I find that I have multiples of the same channel as in the following image
    1_0_19_44E_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0_20230624191957.jpg
    so can someone point me to a guide as to how to create a list of channels that I watch so that I only have one BBC 1 etc and that I don't have to scroll through lists of channels such as the Sky channels that I don't have anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Agricola; 26-06-23 at 22:17.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    How did you create that list. You should press blue to get to the channel list created by abm.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    I got the list by following the instructions given by those who kindly were helping me out, Joe 90 and abu baniaz. I have another issue now, which is that when I go on to the terrestrial channels, some of them won't come on as per below

Tune failed image.jpg

I thought this was something to do with the aerial but it isn't as I get some of the other terrestrial channels perfectly, but it seems to affect random channels at random times so I think I must need to change some setting?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    How did you create that list. You should press blue to get to the channel list created by abm.
    When I press the blue button I get the following
    1_0_19_510E_80F_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20230627204944.jpg
    but when I go down to the favourites folder there is nothing in it so I wonder how do I add channels into that?

Title
    Thanks
    The bouquet called "favourites" is for you to add your favourites into. ABM does not alter it's contents. You can add channels using you remote or using a channel editor like Dreamboxedit, E-channelizer or even using the bouquets editor in OpenWebif.

To use the remote, press menu and you will options to do so. If you are in service list, you can move to a bouquet. If you are in an a other bouquet, you might have to enable edit mode first.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Agricola (27-06-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    The bouquet called "favourites" is for you to add your favourites into. ABM does not alter it's contents. You can add channels using you remote or using a channel editor like Dreamboxedit, E-channelizer or even using the bouquets editor in OpenWebif.

To use the remote, press menu and you will options to do so. If you are in service list, you can move to a bouquet. If you are in an a other bouquet, you might have to enable edit mode first.
    OK I will try that, thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Agricola View Post
    I got the list by following the instructions given by those who kindly were helping me out, Joe 90 and abu baniaz. I have another issue now, which is that when I go on to the terrestrial channels, some of them won't come on as per below

Tune failed image.jpg

I thought this was something to do with the aerial but it isn't as I get some of the other terrestrial channels perfectly, but it seems to affect random channels at random times so I think I must need to change some setting?
    You have disappeared off the radar for months, so I'm not sure how you are back to manual scanning of satellite transponders and (possibly) terrestrial transmitters that you perhaps can't receive. Back in February you were given pointers as to how to set up AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM) for Saorview (Spur Hill) and Sky UK. ABM will give you a single bouquet of Saorview terrestrial channels and a single bouquet of Sky channels if you follow the menu prompts. You can make the Sky bouquet as detailed as you want or as simple as the layout in my screenshots earlier in the thread.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, have been off the site for a bit as a) having got the channels to work I just left them at that b)the technical aspects of the system can be a bit challenging for me and c) have been busy with work a lot of evenings.

I have sorted out the favourites folder now so have listed the channels that I actually watch so thanks to abu baniaz (again) for letting me know that I could do that through the boquets editor in OpenWebif (see told you I was challenged by the techinical aspects.

The only issue I have now is why some of the terrestrial channels won't appear. I thought this was an aerial issue and risked life and limb going on to the roof to see if it was, but as I am getting some of the channels perfectly I can only deduce that it's down to something in how I have set it up, or something that I need to update.

These are the lists of the Saorview channels I have
    List of terrestrial.jpg

I get a tuned failed image like below
    Tune failed image.jpg

and then this comes up (this is for RTE 1 and +1, Virgin Media 3 and 4) but I can get RTE2, TG4, Virgin Media 1 and 2
    No data on t'ponder.jpg

As always any help greatly appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Those terrestrial lists show that you are scanning, rather than using AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM). There are only two channel groups (called multiplexes) in Saorview. RTE1/RTE1+1/Virgin Media 3 and 4 are in one multiplex (plus others). RTE2/Virgin Media 1/TG4 (plus others) are in the other multiplex. If you use ABM set to Spur Hill (are you still in the Spur Hill service area?) it will automatically tune the correct multiplexes and you will get all the services. You are making things difficult for yourself by doing manual scans. If you absolutely insist on a manual scan, then C45 (666MHz) and C39 (618MHz) are the frequencies and channel numbers for the Spur Hill multiplexes. I don't know why you have shown the screenshot for "Quest Red" as this is a satellite service, not terrestrial. Please use ABM to organise your satellite and terrestrial bouquets (lists) - it's so much easier!
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your help Joe_90. Regarding the screenshot showing Quest Red, when I went on to the terrestrial services folder as in below
    1_0_19_1452_7F2_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20230630190933.jpg
    and click on RTE 1 and wait to get a screenshot of what comes up, even though on the TV it is not showing any picture, the screenshot shows the channel I was watching prior to my going in to the terrestrial services folder as in below
    1_0_19_835_3EA_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0_20230630191054.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Looking back on your advice on post #80 when I press providers I get the following and don't see an option to select Saorview so maybe that is where I am going wrong with the loss of channels on Saroview?

1_0_19_835_3EA_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0_20230630191701.jpg

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast