Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Channels problem

Title
    Thanks

Channels problem

I am completely new to this, so forgive my questions in advance! Got a Tiviar+ running Open Vix, I got it about a year ago and connected it as it had channels already installed on it, so have never had to do anything to it. All working fine until about a month ago some of the channels are not appearing (I get a message saying 'Service not found!SID not found in PAT). The box is running image 5.3.039 and was last updated on 19 July 2020. It is not connected to the internet so what do I have to do to solve this issue, that is fairly idiot proof in case I damage the box? IMG_20230209_222255586.jpg IMG_20230209_222210648.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The channels change transponders from time to time. You are looking at the service list and not bouquet, you need to get rid of the dead channels.

One way below:
    Up (next to OK)> Green (satellites) > Highlight 28.2 > Menu > Remove selected satellite > confirm > Restart

After your box is restarted, run AutoBouquetsMaker.

To flash your box to latest image,
    Blue > Vix > Image Manager > Download
    Once downloaded, highlight latest image, press OK and it will flash it. After reboot, say yes to restore settings and plugins

Title
    Thanks
    Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have followed your instructions to the part of running autobouquets maker (even read the manuals and watched the video about autobouquets) but the problem still persists as in the photos. When it came to flashing the box to the latest image (whatever that means) I got the following message that is in the photos. I am living in the Republic of Ireland but not sure if this really makes a difference. I am going to look again at the links to flash and restore and manuals and guides that you provided as I don't want to be wasting your time on what must be really basic questions!

IMG_20230220_211124742.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    OK. Let's do it one stage at a time.

1. Create a settings backup.
    Blue, Vix, Backup Manager, green (new backup)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok that much is done. Now backed up!

Title
    Thanks
    Go to openvix.co.uk, download the 6.3 002 image for tiviar. No need to unzip, Transfer using FTP (Filezilla, WinSCP, etc) to /media/hdd/imagebackups

Blue, Vix, Image Manager

It should show the image you downloaded then transferred. Select it. Then blue to flash

Title
    Thanks
    Stuck on that as I can download the file on to a USB and I put this in to the front of my box, selected image manager but nothing shows. I obviously don't know how to transfer what is on the USB to media/hdd/images. Have been trying to look this up online!

Title
    Thanks
    I have downloaded the filezilla app so am just trying to figure out what to do with the app. No joy trying to figure this out! Not the most techy but I figure I have the basics, but maybe not. I presume that my box does not have to be connected to the internet as it isn't so what needs to be done can be done by just using the USB stick?
    Last edited by Agricola; 21-02-23 at 00:01.

Title
    Thanks
    you need to connect to the "computer" part of your tv box.
    is your box connected to the wifi or wired network?

Title
    Thanks
    Nope, so I have to do this. How do I connect the box to my wifi?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Agricola View Post
    I presume that my box does not have to be connected to the internet as it isn't so what needs to be done can be done by just using the USB stick?
    if it is connected to your home network (via wifi or wired), you can access it over the internal network. this means you can run commands on the underlying operating system(Linux).
    this makes some things easier.

if it's connected to your network, then it can have outbound access to the internet which makes downloading updates straight to the box a lot easier,

failing that, you can use a usb to transfer an updated os image to the box. i don't have that version of openvix but the menu will be much the same.

to make life easier, pls answer these questions - leave blank if you dont know:

1) is the box connected to the network(wifi or wired) - u answered this- can skip over.
    2) did the box already have a usb stick in it?
    3) what computer(windows/mac/linux) are you using?
    4) do you have internet access/wifi access at home? if so, which provider do you use - eir etc?

Title
    Thanks
    The box is not connected to the network, the box did not have a usb stick in it when I got it, I just downloaded the image on to a USB and put it into the box (as in just now), and I am using windows 10.

Yes I have wifi, Sky

I can't see anything on the box menu to connect to the Wifi
    Last edited by Agricola; 21-02-23 at 00:11.

Title
    Thanks
    ok, so the usb key you used on your windows computer may not be formatted in a format recognised by the tv box which runs linux.

if you don't have wifi usb already setup, then you cant connect it to wifi but if you have a network cable (looks like https://media.startech.com/cms/produ...cxmbk.main.jpg), then you can connect the box direct to the sky wifi box (will have ports at back i think - example eir box Attachment 64792) thus making the next few steps easier.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    That box uses an external USB device for WiFi. If you don't have that available you will need to connect it to your router via a LAN cable.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, so I am going to have to get a cable long enough (5 or 7.5 M) to go from my box to the router so that I can see what I am doing on the tv screen. I will try and get one tomorrow and then maybe we can go from there?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast