Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Vu+ Zero

Title
    Thanks

Vu+ Zero

I can't find it in the Vu+ Zero spec, but is there a maximum size for the external USB memory stick?
    I only ask this because when I tried a 128GB stick the replay of a recording was flakey.
    Recordings are OK when I tried on an 8GB stick.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have a 2tb externally powered HDD in the back of mine and any recording device would need to be formatted on the box.

Some usb sticks for flashing are not seen and you might have to try another one.

I have used Kingston , Cruzer , Integral , San Disk

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    You really need to use a proper device for recordings (SSD, HDD), not a pen drive.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

cactikid (27-01-23)

Title
    Thanks
    So, from these two replies I gather that there is no limit to external usb size (well up to 2TB at least anyway)

I have experimented with USB memory sticks and it turns out that the first 128MB stick I tried was faulty (or more likely
    it's one of the clones of famous makes..... it is marked SanDisk 128GB).

Another good, working 128GB memory stick is working fine, storing both EPG data and recording and playing back video recordings perfectly.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ant1942 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-01-23),cactikid (29-01-23)