Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Streaming over wired LAN issue

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Does that mean you switch it off when not watching just by using that same switch?
    I do this as after the box has crashed, it's not possible to put it in/out of standby.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to adsk For This Useful Post:

cactikid (26-01-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Another things I can see, which might be irrelevant to the problem, but may not be totally irrelevant:
    If we go back to my original post which stated that streaming works flawlessly over wifi, I will look to see if the same error occurs over this connection. If it does, then would rule it out as a cause of the lan port locking up?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    [QUOTE=adsk;530661...then would rule it out as a cause of the lan port locking up?[/QUOTE]Yes. It would rule it out as a direct cause.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Yes. It would rule it out as a direct cause.
    So I've now tested the box with wifi and it has these same errors but, as stated previously, runs without locking up. I can access the EPG successfully on the client box (in both wired and wireless modes) and if I understand the next few lines of code that follow the error, the box tries another method of downloading the epg which evidently works successfully.

For a bit of history, I've been using Client Mode via a wired ethernet connection for about 3 years. Initially I used a Edision OS Mega and the Viper V40 replaced this. In another room, I've got a Viper 4K51 also connected by wired ethernet. I've never experienced this freezing that I'm getting through the wired ethernet of the V40 with the other 2 boxes.

That's the reason for my suggestion that it might be a hardware fault. I suppose a driver issue could be to blame but wouldn't that show up in the logs somewhere?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adsk View Post
    I suppose a driver issue could be to blame but wouldn't that show up in the logs somewhere?
    Only if the driver spotted the error.
    If A is waiting for B while B is waiting for A then neither will report anything.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    @adsk

< 34.2554> 17:51:19.1222 [ChannelsImporter][checkEPG] Force EPG save on remote receiver...
    < 34.2556> 17:51:19.1224 [ChannelsImporter][saveEPGonRemoteReceiver] URL: http://192.168.200.23/api/saveepg
    < 34.3158> 17:51:19.1826 [ChannelsImporter][saveEPGonRemoteReceiver] ERROR: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized
    You did not respond to why you are not able to fetch the EPG.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    @adsk

You did not respond to why you are not able to fetch the EPG.
    I get the EPG on my device - it works fine. I don't understand why the log should post this message.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Where is epg been saved to ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    Where is epg been saved to ?
    All EPG acquisition methods fetch EPG to RAM. It is only saved to epg cache on graceful restart/shut down or you select the save EPG option.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

cactikid (28-01-23)

Title
    Thanks
    The epg error message occurs regardless of which interface is used and the epg works regardless of which interface is used.

We still seem to be no closer to working out why the ethernet interface on the box freezes the box in client mode but the wireless interface does not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12