Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Streaming over wired LAN issue

Title
    Thanks

Streaming over wired LAN issue

I'm using my Viper V40 box in client mode with the latest version of OpenVIX.

It will run quite happily over wireless without issues.

Whenever I use the wired ethernet socket the box will freeze - takes anywhere between 5 mins to 1 hour before this happens. No error messages, reboot etc. Box locks up.

While troubleshooting I've tried OpenATV 6.4 and 7.1/7.2 and experience the same issue.

Am I right in assuming that it's a hardware fault?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Well, it could be that the wired interface has been configured with an IP address that is the same as something else that only runs intermittently.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

cactikid (23-01-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Both the wireless and wired interfaces were using DHCP. Nevertheless, I have now tried assigning a fixed IP outside of the DHCP address pool. After 10 mins the box locked up.

Worth mentioning it's not just the picture that freezes, the whole box becomes unresponsive to remote input/power button on front etc

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adsk For This Useful Post:

birdman (23-01-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adsk View Post
    Both the wireless and wired interfaces were using DHCP. Nevertheless, I have now tried assigning a fixed IP outside of the DHCP address pool. After 10 mins the box locked up.

Worth mentioning it's not just the picture that freezes, the whole box becomes unresponsive to remote input/power button on front etc
    Post debug log
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    A shot in the dark as where might EPG saving to?

Title
    Thanks
    As suggested, here's the log. I'm just an end user so most of the log means nothing to me. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can find something that might lead to a resolution.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    The eth0 broadcast address is wrong.
    It should be 192.168.200.255 (assuming you have a standard class C address network).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

10. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

adsk (24-01-23)

Title
    Thanks
    I can't see how to set the broadcast address within the OpenVix UI. I'm only using a fixed IP because I'd inferred from your earlier suggestion that there might be an issue with DHCP leases.
    Can you tell me how to change the broadcast address or should I go back to DHCP?

Title
    Thanks
    ..so I've given the STB a static IP in my routers DHCP server outside of the main DHCP pool. I've checked the log and DHCP is assigning the correct broadcast address. If I have further freezing, I'll post a log again.

Title
    Thanks
    Started my box up from cold this evening and it ran for 2 3/4 hours before locking up. This is an unusually long time for it to run without freezing, typically it's within 20-40 minutes.

I've attached the log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    When you say from cold from what ?

Deep Standby

Powered on from rear

On from standby

Title
    Thanks
    Powered on from rear.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to adsk For This Useful Post:

cactikid (26-01-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    May i ask why you are turning box off at rear as most of use the standby or deep standby selection.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adsk View Post
    Powered on from rear.
    Does that mean you switch it off when not watching just by using that same switch?

Title
    Thanks
    Another things I can see, which might be irrelevant to the problem, but may not be totally irrelevant:

< 34.2554> 17:51:19.1222 [ChannelsImporter][checkEPG] Force EPG save on remote receiver...
    < 34.2556> 17:51:19.1224 [ChannelsImporter][saveEPGonRemoteReceiver] URL: http://192.168.200.23/api/saveepg
    < 34.3158> 17:51:19.1826 [ChannelsImporter][saveEPGonRemoteReceiver] ERROR: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast