Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the best way to update OpenVIX please?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Could you also try recording to USB stick instead of NAS.

Might also try rebooting network as my be a bug.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post

It's funny you say that.
    I've just put a bare 6.3 image on and then setup from scratch.
    Got to the point where I was recording 8 channels at once to the STB HDD so all great.
    I then mounted my NAS and immediately frozen.
    It would freeze virtually immediately when I rebooted so I unplugged NAS from Network so I could remove from STB and it behaved itself.
    I then mounted it again and the STB froze.
    I have no idea why the NAS is freezing the STB because it's been working on this STB since October 2021 and previous STBs !!!

I haven't rebooted the router because the wife will be upset so I'll give that a go when she's finished watching something on the Firestick.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post

At this moment and at least 15 minutes in, the STB is not freezing after mounting my NAS after I reset the router.
    Now to see if the internal HDD stays connected.

Thanks for that (for now ).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aardvark5 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (15-01-23)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Is the NAS actually freezing the STB altogether or does it just spool and become unresponsive when looking at the recordings list on the NAS?

If it's the latter mine is the same and it seemed to be movieplayer updating ts files etc.

I record everything to the STB now and move the recordings to the NAS on a cron timer.
    Willo
    #######################
    AX HD61 4K UHD Twin (test box)
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Xtrend ET8500
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 Unicable II LNB
    GT-Sat GT-dLNB1-DY Unicable II LNB
    #######################

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (15-01-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    Is the NAS actually freezing the STB altogether or does it just spool and become unresponsive when looking at the recordings list on the NAS?

If it's the latter mine is the same and it seemed to be movieplayer updating ts files etc.

I record everything to the STB now and move the recordings to the NAS on a cron timer.
    How does that work as never used the cron timer before and sound interesting . Cheers M8

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post

Total freeze and I can't even FTP.
    So nearly 1 hour and it's behaving with the NAS.
    Who would think a reset of the Network would do that because the NAS has been working over the Network for Firesticks etc and of course WiFi has been OK.

So at this moment it looks like I had one fault, HDD going missing and the freezing was just a coincidence.
    I'll have to see if the HDD stays connected, if not then I have already made a ticket with WOS.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I meant that I run a simple script from a cron timer in the early hours when no recordings are in progress.

mv -f /media/hdd/movie/* /media/autofs/RECORDINGS/ 2>/dev/null
    Willo
    #######################
    AX HD61 4K UHD Twin (test box)
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Xtrend ET8500
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 Unicable II LNB
    GT-Sat GT-dLNB1-DY Unicable II LNB
    #######################

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (15-01-23)

Title
    Thanks
    UPDATE because somebody may have the same problem.

Shortly after my last post I decided on a clean install of 6.3 and then setup the tuners, EPG etc and install no extra plugins and see how I went on.
    Funnily enough the following day WOS replied and told me to do the same thing.
    It's now the 24th and behaving so there was obviously something in my Backup file that was buggering things up.

Thanks

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aardvark5 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (24-01-23),Joe_90 (25-01-23)

Title
    Thanks
    ANOTHER UPDATE and I'm at my wits end.

On Sunday Jan 29 I did another virgin install of 6.3.
    I didn't use a backup file but programmed the tuners, downloaded the channels and used EPG Importer for the EPG, I also disabled the EPG so that it didn't download every day.
    No plugins were installed and I didn't connect it to my NAS so it was a totally new imaged box just for Freesat.
    It behaved on Sunday through to Thursday where I downloaded the EPG for a week and programmed it every day for a week since we were going to Lanzarote and got back this evening.
    It recorded the 4 programmes on Thursday evening (Feb 2nd) and then it crashed so we've come home to only last Thursdays recordings.
    I've attached 2 Logs but surprisingly I expected to see one for the day it went wrong on Feb 3rd!!

The only thing I can see now is it is a hardware problem but I am going to try a rival image.

I also need to explain that from the day I bought my VU+ Uno4K SE that bi-weekly (sometimes weekly) I was getting the 'Green Screen Of Death' so we put up with just resetting the box. Last November it then went into Green Screen of Death and the HD going missing and my problems seem to have got worse.

Enigma2_debug_2023-02-01_23-05-58.logEnigma2_debug_2023-02-09_22-25-54.log

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark5 View Post
    ANOTHER UPDATE and I'm at my wits end.

On Sunday Jan 29 I did another virgin install of 6.3.
    I didn't use a backup file but programmed the tuners, downloaded the channels and used EPG Importer for the EPG, I also disabled the EPG so that it didn't download every day.
    No plugins were installed and I didn't connect it to my NAS so it was a totally new imaged box just for Freesat.
    It behaved on Sunday through to Thursday where I downloaded the EPG for a week and programmed it every day for a week since we were going to Lanzarote and got back this evening.
    It recorded the 4 programmes on Thursday evening (Feb 2nd) and then it crashed so we've come home to only last Thursdays recordings.
    I've attached 2 Logs but surprisingly I expected to see one for the day it went wrong on Feb 3rd!!

The only thing I can see now is it is a hardware problem but I am going to try a rival image.

I also need to explain that from the day I bought my VU+ Uno4K SE that bi-weekly (sometimes weekly) I was getting the 'Green Screen Of Death' so we put up with just resetting the box. Last November it then went into Green Screen of Death and the HD going missing and my problems seem to have got worse.

Enigma2_debug_2023-02-01_23-05-58.logEnigma2_debug_2023-02-09_22-25-54.log
    You have a crash loop in the web interface using a package called cheetah.(the web interface is some thing common to the OE-A Images )
    1) stop using the web interface for the moment
    2) is the cheetah package something you have installed?
    Last edited by twol; 10-02-23 at 13:53.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    You have a crash loop in the web interface using a package called cheetah.
    1) stop using the web interface for the moment
    2) is the cheetah package something you have installed?
    I have the very basic install of OpenVix 6.3.002 and nothing else has been installed.

From Feb 2nd to Feb 9th I was on holiday so the PC was off so OpenWebIf wouldn't be used.
    Last edited by aardvark5; 10-02-23 at 14:11.

Title
    Thanks
    So regardless of you being away this crash has been running periodically. Have spoken to the guy who wrote the package and he will put in code to trap and prevent this (hopefully) …. But means you will have to wait for him to update and then flash again to get the update
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    So regardless of you being away this crash has been running periodically. Have spoken to the guy who wrote the package and he will put in code to trap and prevent this (hopefully) …. But means you will have to wait for him to update and then flash again to get the update
    On Sunday Feb 29 I did a brand new install, absolutely nothing added extra.
    It behaved for four days so on Thursday morning Feb 2nd I did an EPG download and then disabled it.
    The wife programmed it for a week and when I got back yesterday it had only downloaded Thursday evenings programmes and then froze.
    The PC was also off so there wasn't a connection to OpenWebIf.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark5 View Post
    On Sunday Feb 29 I did a brand new install, absolutely nothing added extra.
    It behaved for four days so on Thursday morning Feb 2nd I did an EPG download and then disabled it.
    The wife programmed it for a week and when I got back yesterday it had only downloaded Thursday evenings programmes and then froze.
    The PC was also off so there wasn't a connection to OpenWebIf.
    Regardless,of what you think, the log shows periodic epgcache access and subsequently a crash loop in the webif.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Regardless,of what you think, the log shows periodic epgcache access and subsequently a crash loop in the webif.
    Strange because EPG Import was disabled, the Open ATV EPG (!) was also disabled (there are two different EPGs on OpenVix) and my PC was turned off at the wall.

I put OpenPLI on this morning with a very basic setup so going to see how that goes.
    I'm even thinking of buying the Gigablue equivalent because this has got to be sorted before Virgin gets taken out.
    This is my 3rd VU+ box in over 10 years and the first two were faultless, I've also sent at least 12 people to WOS for VU+ boxes and set them up and as far as I know they are still going strong.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast