Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 28.2E BBC regional channels going HD

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    12441 is on Pan European beam.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Now that the regional channel changes to HD are complete, there seems to be a remaining issue on the Sky bouquet. Position 115 should have BBC3HD and BBC Parliament HD should be in the news section at 504, but the SD versions are there instead. I know @BrianG61UK submitted a change to the xml files yesterday but I think that perhaps the ABM provider swaps (for 115 etc.) need to be revisited to provide BBC3 HD at position 115 and BBC Parliament HD at position 504 in the Sky bouquet. I have run the xml update and rebooted and run ABM also, but only the SD versions are in the main bouquets. BBC3HD is at position 845 and Parliament HD is at position 887 in the Secondary Channels section.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    I merged those pull requests. They are working for me. I presume you have updated provider files in ABM. If so and you still have a problem, can you please upload debug log.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I merged those pull requests. They are working for me. I presume you have updated provider files in ABM. If so and you still have a problem, can you please upload debug log.
    Is that PLi?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Is that PLi?
    The pull requests were to ABM, I merged those.
    The screenshot is from PLI since there is no Vix developer image for my test box.

Attached now is a screenshot from Vix 6.3 002
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    What is the test box? Do you want it added to Dev?

Title
    Thanks
    The box is a H9S SE. Yes, please re-add to Dev
    Ralf mentioned the Duo 4k several times. @Judge and myself use that

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    The pull requests were to ABM, I merged those.
    The screenshot is from PLI since there is no Vix developer image for my test box.

Attached now is a screenshot from Vix 6.3 002
    I've tested on Vix Rel 6.3.002 and the latest dev, but I'm not seeing the HD channels as you are abu. I assumed the .xml and ABM provider files were image agnostic, so is my assumption wrong?
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    I've tested on Vix Rel 6.3.002 and the latest dev, but I'm not seeing the HD channels as you are abu. I assumed the .xml and ABM provider files were image agnostic, so is my assumption wrong?
    It does not matter what image you are on, so you are correct. However, the swaps are done using the file on your box. If the ABM version check passes, you can update the provider files using the "update provider files" function in ABM.

As the regions have different numbering, this may be the cause of the issue and may need fine tuning. This is why I had asked for your debug log so that I could run with the options you set.
    I am presuming you updated the provider files.

EDIT:
    There is an old issue where transferring by FTP does not cause the cache version to be overwritten. This is why I always delete providers.cache when manually transferring files across.

EDIT 2:
    Can we please not start adding satellites.xml file into this discussion. It is irrelevant to ABM, other than for validating orbital position.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 24-02-23 at 21:28. Reason: cache file, satellites.xml

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    We don't allow download of xml files from different versions. And we bump the version when there is a possibility of incompatibility.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    We don't allow download of xml files from different versions. And we bump the version when there is a possibility of incompatibility.
    I'm not sure what this means @Huevos. Can't see what "don't allow download" actually means in practice.

Title
    Thanks
    ABM is currently version 3.3. Anybody with an ABM version lower than 3.3 cannot update the provider files in ABM. The last increase was 10th August 2021.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoB...src/version.py

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    I'm not sure what this means @Huevos. Can't see what "don't allow download" actually means in practice.
    ABM updates on software update/reflash. This is always allowed because all the files (py, xml, so) are changed in sync.

It is also possible to update provider files via the ABM menu between builds. This is only allowed if the version matches.

If you swap in xml files from a different version manually ABM is most likely going to crash.

We only bump the version when incompatibilities would cause a crash.

Title
    Thanks
    Finally found the issue! My Sky bouquet in ABM on my Quad+ (running Rel 6.3.002) is set to London Custom SD ( I can't recall why it was set like that). I changed to London SD (with swap) and re-ran the provider files update and ran ABM. BBC3HD and BBC ParliamentHD now swapped in correctly.

Title
    Thanks
    Code:
    https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/bbc-issues-three-month-warning-ahead-of-tv-channel-closure/
    From 8th January, viewers tuning to BBC standard definition channels on satellite will see a ‘channel closed’ message. This will direct remaining viewers to the available support that’s on offer.

Code:
    https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/itv-closing-three-more-sd-channels-on-sky-and-freesat/
    ITV has confirmed it will begin switching off SD channels via satellite on Tuesday 9th January 2024.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BrianG61UK (05-12-23),Joe_90 (05-12-23)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234