Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Edision MIO+ 4K Australian experience

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Now that is interesting, moving to 7.2 and the MIO+ won't recover from standby and tune DVB-S2X on tuner A, and this is similar/ same as VIX 6.3 from what I can tell.

ATV 6.3 was more predictable and even if the USB HDD was in standby on 6.3 it would continue on tuner A.

ATV 7.2 log attached.

[Edit] Actually it is so brittle that If I edit Tuner A and don't zap back to the service, we are off tune/ 0 signal.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Aust-VAST; 01-02-23 at 01:47.
    --

"corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" Neil Young - Greendale 2004.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aust-VAST View Post
    Now that is interesting, moving to 7.2 and the MIO+ won't recover from standby and tune DVB-S2X on tuner A, and this is similar/ same as VIX 6.3 from what I can tell.

ATV 6.3 was more predictable and even if the USB HDD was in standby on 6.3 it would continue on tuner A.

ATV 7.2 log attached.

[Edit] Actually it is so brittle that If I edit Tuner A and don't zap back to the service, we are off tune/ 0 signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    It makes no sense that it would work in ATV and not ViX as the tuning is done in the drivers.
    Between OpenATV 6.3 and OpenATV 7.2 there have been 8 driver changes and 4 kernel changes.

And also difficult for us to check because it is related to this ACM transponder.

For me I don't suffer any tune failed.

Best course of action with this is report it to Edision.

One other possible test you could try is pull the drivers out of your OpenATV 6.3 image and try them in the later images.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Octagon was mentioned, but we are discussing Edision MIO+, correct?

On the MIO+, you cannot swap tuner drivers unless the kernel is the same. Swapping drivers from different kernels will cause the MIO+ not to boot.

OpenATV 6.3 seems to be a 2018 image version. Edision added T2MI capabilities to the driver, but I cannot remember the exact year this was done? T2MI drivers made the AVL6261 perform a bit different on some transponders that are not T2MI, and I wonder if that has anything to do with the problem? Knowing the exact file size of the AVL6261 driver in the 6.3 ATV image might help as there is a difference in file sizes of T2MI and non-T2MI drivers. The location of the AVL6261.ko driver in the receiver is: lib--->modules--->5.15.0--->extra--->avl6261.ko.

Note that the 5.15.0 is the kernel version. This is the last kernel Edision released for the MIO+. OpenATV 6.3 would have a different folder number because the kernel is older. The location path in the receiver's files (except for the kernel number) for the avl6261.ko file is the same.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to el bandido For This Useful Post:

Aust-VAST (02-02-23),twol (01-02-23)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Octagon was mentioned, but we are discussing Edision MIO+, correct?
    Yes, was a slip.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi everyone,

How are we going with this?

Is there some way I can log this condition to the makers' / coders for resolution in the drivers?

Thanks.
    --

"corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" Neil Young - Greendale 2004.

Title
    Thanks
    Knowing the exact file size of the AVL6261 driver in the 6.3 ATV image might help as there is a difference in file sizes of T2MI and non-T2MI drivers. The location of the AVL6261.ko driver in the receiver is: lib--->modules--->5.15.0--->extra--->avl6261.ko.

What is the Exact size of your driver file in the 6.3 ATV image??

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Knowing the exact file size of the AVL6261 driver in the 6.3 ATV image might help as there is a difference in file sizes of T2MI and non-T2MI drivers. The location of the AVL6261.ko driver in the receiver is: lib--->modules--->5.15.0--->extra--->avl6261.ko.

What is the Exact size of your driver file in the 6.3 ATV image??
    Hi thanks,

It is:

avl6261.ko.driver.properties.jpg

Any value in attaching it to a post?

I also contacted Edision Tech and they said the behaviour is specific to the O/s and couldn't assist further and referred me to this forum after looking at this thread.

> which EDISION is not involved into.
    --

Title
    Thanks
    That thing is 106KB which I am fairly certain is Not T2MI. Was the folder number 5.09 (lib--->modules--->5.09.0--->extra--->avl6261.ko)?

Anyway, attached is a non-T2MI driver for kernel 5.15. Replace the file here: lib--->modules--->5.15.0--->extra--->avl6261.ko
    Then REBOOT the receiver.
    Save your original avl6261.ko file that is in the 5.15--->extra folder so you can replace it if the image does not boot. The attached file is for kernel 5.15. It is a No T2MI driver. I think you should be able to find the kernel information in About (Menu--->Information--->About).

The receiver will Not Boot completely if you install the attached driver in an image that is not 5.15 kernel!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

10. The Following User Says Thank You to el bandido For This Useful Post:

Aust-VAST (14-02-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Swapped out the driver and rebooted.

Intial tests; Standby and resume from standby, play media and return to Tuner A, use tuner B and return to A, switch between sequential tuner A and B channels across bouquets.

All these work well, can it be done in VIX?
    --

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    ViX is built from oe-alliance-core so it gets the latest drivers. No idea which drivers these are. And if there are newer drivers they must fix something, they wouldn't have been created for nothing. Someone needs to write to Edision and tell them the problem and which drivers work.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aust-VAST View Post
    Swapped out the driver and rebooted. All these work well, can it be done in VIX?
    Swapped out the driver in VIX as I noticed the Kernel was the same and all excellent.
    --

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aust-VAST For This Useful Post:

el bandido (14-02-23)

Title
    Thanks
    That driver file will work in any image as long as the folder in the file path to install it has 5.15 which is the kernel version. Edision seems to have quit updating the kernel, so keep your driver file for use on future images.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to el bandido For This Useful Post:

Aust-VAST (24-02-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    ViX is built from oe-alliance-core so it gets the latest drivers. No idea which drivers these are. And if there are newer drivers they must fix something, they wouldn't have been created for nothing. Someone needs to write to Edision and tell them the problem and which drivers work.
    To make a long story short, there is nothing special about that driver, except it does not have T2MI capability. When T2MI was added to the driver, it messed up some channels on transponders that were spaced closely together on North American satellites. A request was made to Edision to provide a non-T2MI driver so we could enjoy the channels on the closely spaced transponders in future images. The non-T2MI driver also blindscans DVB-S/S2 slightly different than the T2MI driver.

The non-T2MI driver would have little if any advantages when used in Europe, and that is probably why it was never added in a proper fashion.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to el bandido For This Useful Post:

Aust-VAST (24-02-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi all,

Finally migrated the MIO+ 4K into the HT.

I hadn't touched it for seven months and it powered up perfectly on all the services, so swapped out the "VU+ DUO 4K SE" seamlessly to the attachments (Sony combo amp, Sony HDTV and RM-VLZ620 rcu.

Second day it was working rather hard on a sport program (car racing) and we did lose the DVB-T tuner (locked up / still image) and I was told that switching to DVB-S and back to DVB-T solved the outage, so no reboot required.

Other than that, very impressive.

My question is (from the very informed here), is there an equivalent specification on the market (50,000+ SR, internal HDD, multi DVB-T tuners, we miss the ability of the DUO 4K SE) to record multiple DVB-T services' as a background capture of preferred programs, ever day).
    Last edited by Aust-VAST; 13-10-23 at 00:26.
    --

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Simple answer is no. There is nothing on the market with more that 2 DVB-T tuners except expensive boxes like the Duo4k and then you have 4... or use USB tuners, which is horrible.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Aust-VAST (23-10-23)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast