Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Octagon SX88+ DLNA support

Title
    Thanks

Octagon SX88+ DLNA support

I can access the DLNA server from my LG TV in a different room and it works well.
    But when I try to access using my new 4k ROKU box in another room using its Media Player app.
    It finds the DLNA server on the SX88 but says 'No compatible media found in: LiveTV'

ROKU says - The following file formats are supported:
    Video - H.264/AVC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV)
    Audio - AAC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV); MP3(.MP3, .MKV); WMA (.ASF, .WMA, .MKV), FLAC (.FLAC, .MKV), PCM (.WAV, .MKV, .MP4, .MOV), AC3/EAC3 (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV, .
    AC3), DTS (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV, .DTS), ALAC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV, .M4A), Vorbis (.OGG, .MKV, .WEBM)
    Playlists - .M3U, .M3U8, .PLS
    Image – JPG, PNG, GIF (non-animated)

The following media formats are supported on Roku devices that support 4K (which I bought!)
    4K Video - H.265/HEVC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV); VP9 (.MKV, .WEBM)
    4K Video - H.264 (Roku Premiere, Premiere+, and Ultra only)

Are there any streaming boxes / sticks that would work if ROKU is no good? or anything else I can do?
    It works fine on my LG TV so not a network issue but a format / codecs and things I dont understand issue.

Many thanks
    Keith

Title
    Thanks
    I guess nobody has ever used the DLNA server on the SX88+

Strange.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    you try to play a recording from your Octagon with the media player app of your Roku? If yes it might be a problem with the file extension. Enigma2 boxes name their recordings with .ts. You can try to rename a recorning from .ts to .mp4. If it works then it is only a problem with the extension.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    I'm trying to access the satellite feed from my ROKU box.
    It works well on my LG smart TV and I can change channels etc
    But not the ROKU.
    So I am looking for alternative streaming stick that works with the SX88
    Thanks