Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Power Timer AutoDeepStandby Inoperative

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments

Thread: Power Timer AutoDeepStandby Inoperative

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Power Timer AutoDeepStandby Inoperative

I've just updated from 5.4.016 to 6.2.011. In 5.4 I used the plugin StartupToStandby (SToS) and the power timer AutoDeepStandby (ADS) and both worked perfectly. With 6.2, I had to get a revised SToS plugin for Python 3, and it now runs fine as before.
    But ADS won't run at all and after 10 mins the box remains in Standby. I've deleted the power timer, restarted box and reinstalled a few times.

I attach the latest debug file. The power timer entry is at 40.3783 seconds.

Enigma2_debug_2022-12-23_16-50-13.log

Also is there any way of giving the box a permanent IP address??

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    The IP address given to the box is a function of DHCP in whatever you are using as a modem/router. Usually it's under a heading called "Address Reservation" or similar. You assign a fixed IP address to a device MAC.

As regards the AutoDeepStandby, all I can see is that some plugin called "MovieOrganisor" (sic) is running at 17:00, just about when 10 minutes have elapsed and ADS should be checking whether to standby (or deep standby). The MovieOrganisor(sic) is throwing lots of "Invalid argument" messages at around that time. The log stops at that point.

Do you have a screenshot of the PowerTimer settings? Here are mine. ADS only kicks in on my box if I have it already in standby. It means that we just hit the power button on the remote, which puts the box in standby and 20 mins later it goes to deep.

EDIT - The actual PowerTimer entry settings in the menu will display its own log if you press the info key when on the entry. See the second screenshot where it goes to status 3 at 13:28. Before that, the box was in use and I had only put it in standby shortly before the last entries.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Joe_90; 23-12-22 at 19:11.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMS View Post
    I've just updated from 5.4.016 to 6.2.011. In 5.4 I used the plugin StartupToStandby (SToS) and the power timer AutoDeepStandby (ADS) and both worked perfectly. With 6.2, I had to get a revised SToS plugin for Python 3, and it now runs fine as before.
    But ADS won't run at all and after 10 mins the box remains in Standby. I've deleted the power timer, restarted box and reinstalled a few times.

Change logs to use local time … much easier to follow whats happening
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts

All my boxes are set to static IP ….. just say no to DHCP and enter an ip address below. normally I ahve a router that allocates upto 100 through DHCP and the rest I allocate out to various boxes
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Change logs to use local time … much easier to follow whats happening
    The log from @CRMS is using local time.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    All my boxes are set to static IP ….. just say no to DHCP and enter an ip address below. normally I ahve a router that allocates upto 100 through DHCP and the rest I allocate out to various boxes
    @CRMS can certainly do that, but then he needs to ensure that the IP address is not in the range of DHCP given out by the router (as you have), otherwise he runs the risk of duplicate addressing. If the number of fixed IP devices is limited, it's just as easy to make the router allocate the addresses. I allocate about 40 IP addresses in the router and name the devices so that I have a central repository or master list of all my boxes.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Go into the Power Timer list in the Menus and press Info.
    This will tell you what is (not) happening.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    ... see post #2 @birdman, where I showed the info list on PowerTimer.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    ... see post #2 @birdman, where I showed the info list on PowerTimer.
    Sorry - managed to miss that...

The box doesn't appear to be in Standby, but that is a required test for the PowerTimer.
    The log has this in it:
    Code:
    <    85.5161> 16:51:17.7123 [Standby] leave standby
    <    85.6646> 16:51:17.8607 [LED-GIGA] Leave Standby
    and these are the last mentions of Standby status.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks.
    On the ADS info read out I just get back off every 10 minutes, same as the delay time.

I'll boot from 5.4.016 and compare debug logs.

I have also deleted Movieorganisor plugin in case that was interfering, but no difference.
    Arguably Movieorganisor functionality should be built into OpenVix anyway as it puts serial recordings into appropriate folders, keeping a series of programmes together.

I'm back to setting the standby option in the timer settings on the last programme recording at night, which is what I used to do before finding the simple Power Timer option.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Title
    Thanks
    If you're getting the "backoff" message it means the system is busy or a recording is due. My PowerTimer only goes to deep if the box is already in standby.

Serial recordings (like soaps etc.) can be put into pseudo-folders automatically by OpenVix. Look for a setting referring to Collections - I think it's in Recordings menu - not near my box at the moment. It's a very useful facility.

Merry Christmas!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes, I'm aware that it won't go into ADS if there is a recording coming up and it has to be in stand by first.
    I'll look at Collections.