Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Been away from the scene but wondering....

Steviewilson

Been away from the scene but wondering....

Hi guys, ive had a Techie 5400, a 1500 and most recently a VU+ Solo2 for using in the good old days of things that cant be mentioned but apparently dont work anymore anyway. Was wondering is my box redundant now, can it be used for anything? Is it possible to connect a sly dish and use it as a freeview PVR ? What about IPTV on the box, does it run well? Its gathering dust and dunno what to do with it now

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Steviewilson

I have a VU+ Solo2 and the latest image up and running. I get free Astra and Hotbird signals. For German stations I have the HbbTV plugin installed, allowing me to go to the stations media portal. The Youtube plugin also works fine. Furthermore I am currently testing a plugin, allowing me to listen to webradio and my mp3 files on a USB stick. I do not see any reason to scrap my VU+ Solo2.

nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nekrub2 For This Useful Post:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Still got and using my Solo 2 as it still works and is handy.

I do notice picture quality sucks when looking at sd content.

Steviewilson
    So I can get the latest image and use the box for freeview channels on 28.2 ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes. I think all the free to air channels from 28.2 should be available. SD and HD.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steviewilson View Post
    So I can get the latest image and use the box for freeview channels on 28.2 ?
    There are hundreds of FTA channels from Sky and Freesat (not freeview - that is terrestrial) on 28.2. Use AutoBouquetsMaker to create a Sky or Freesat bouquet appropriate to your region.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Steviewilson
    One last question, is IPTV any good on the VU+ Solo2 ? I use iptvsmarters pro app on the pc and my mobile, was thinking of setting this up in the bedroom